kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Greater Sacramento Area Seat Report: T-15 Days and counting

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

13.34%

Total Seats Sold Today:      92

.2210x as many tickets sold as Infinity War after 8 days of pre-sales.

.1795x as many tickets sold as Infinity War 15 days before release. (IW had 19 more days of pre-sales)

.5241x as many tickets sold as Black Panther 15 days before release (BP had 16 more days of pre-sales)  [I don't have info for day one of pre-sales for BP]

.5797x as many tickets sold as Deadpool 2  15 days before release (DP2 had one plus more days of pre-sales) [Some theaters also went on sale early for DP2]

.4269x as many tickets sold as Solo 15 days before release pre-sales (Solo had 20 days of pre-sales compared to JW:FK's 22 days of presales)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

Just got back from watching this. As a life long fan of Jurassic Park, someone who’s first memory of watching a film in the cinema was the original film in 1993 and had fun with Jurassic World, I’m sorry to say that this was a bad film. It had none of the sense of wonder that the original had, characters that were paper thin caricatures (I like Pratt and Howard, but they weren’t given much to work with here, and Jeff Goldblum, as much as he’s a national treasure, felt like he was reading off of cue cards). The story was weak and nonsensical with characters doing and saying totally stupid things, and the ending was just one big set up for a sequel (with one of the most face palm worthy moments in film). It’s a by the numbers franchise extension with no heart, and it’s mind set firmly on milking money out of fans who still have nostalgia for the original.

I’d genuinely rather watch Jurassic Park 3 again before watching this ever again, it felt like a SyFy version of Jurassic Park.

China will go nuts for it though, it’s brainless, mind numbing action so they’ll probably eat it up like a Transformers/Fast & Furious sequel...

I watched it last night, and I agreed with you 90%. There are exciting and thrilling scenes of dino vs men/dino, but I'd say two thirds of the time I felt bored. The story is thin, the characters (except Chris Pratt's) are meh, the villains are laughable, the message cringey/confusing/pseudosciene/convoluted (not that I expect solid intelligent story from these type of movies, but but still disappointing). And the last the final one major decision making by the of the characters was just smh.

JW 7/10, this sequel 6/10.

Edited by justvision

Rth said 14% down from JW OD in UK. If OW is say 20-25% down and total 30% down due to sequelitis, it bodes well for 550+ OS-China.

If Eurpoe is down 30-35% and Asia-China & Latin America is down less, then an overall OS-China drop of 25-30% gives 550-590 compared to 790 of JW. 385 Dom (-41%) and 245 China (+7%) give 570+385+245=1200 ww

Edited by A2k Rex
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, A2k Rex said:

Rth said 14% down from JW OD in UK. If OW is say 20-25% down and total 30% down due to sequelitis, it bodes well for 550+ OS-China.

If Eurpoe is down 30-35% and Asia-China & Latin America is down less, then an overall OS-China drop of 25-30% gives 550-590 compared to 790 of JW. 385 Dom (-41%) and 245 China (+7%) give 570+385+245=1200 ww

Sequelitis for sequels to beloved first films shouldn’t set in the opening days/weekends but later. If nothing else the anticipation for a sequel to a beloved film should cause the sequel to open higher .

Just now, Thrylos 7 said:

Sequelitis for sequels to beloved first films shouldn’t set in the opening days/weekends but later. If nothing else the anticipation for a sequel to a beloved film should cause the sequel to open higher .

The first one had Lord novelty. The goal for this one isn’t not to drop but not drop too badly 

8 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

But you’re all saying Jurassic World was the opposite of beloved. 

Plus, you need to consider size

Even Ultron missed its predecessor’s opening. 

18 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

But you’re all saying Jurassic World was the opposite of beloved. 

Plus, you need to consider size

Even Ultron missed its predecessor’s opening. 

I never said that.

Ultron was considered the epitome of failure in this forum for many years and it dropped around 7% worldwide compared to the first avengers and yes the opening weekend of ultron in the u.s was the laughing stock at that time.

Edited by Thrylos 7

4 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

I never said that.

Ultron was considered the epitome of failure in this forum for many years and it dropped around 7% worldwide compared to the first avengers and yes the opening weekend of ultron in the u.s was the laughing stock at that time.

It was never a laughing stock on these forums. 

Obviously no one likes it as much as the first but it’s gross was never laughed at. 

9 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Saying that this film should open above the 208 million of the original is absurd. Like Deadpool 2 this film was always dropping domestic, it just depends on how much it's going to drop.

the dude's prepping himself to whine a bunch about what a failure this is in the weekend thread like he was for infinity war for a couple weeks there.

• Like 4
  • Disbelief 1

12 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

the dude's prepping himself to whine a bunch about what a failure this is in the weekend thread like he was for infinity war for a couple weeks there.

Im so glad to have this Thrylos dude back on the ignore list. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Im so glad to have this Thrylos dude back on the ignore list. 

Yeh he’s haunting the international threads, you’d think he was a really big Jurassic Park fan but I think he’s trying to look for failure.

• Like 1

No hype. Just not feeling it.

Naw, kidding aside, this will kill it. No doubt it won't match World but it'll make mint. Expecting just over/under $150M OW DOM. And, then, those wonderful summer legs. Expecting impressive stuff from Incredibles 2, World 2, Ant-Man 2. All will have solid legs too in the heart of summer. Should boost the box office. Lots of decent releases before, during and after too.

Reviews for this are just fine. Auds just want dinos and some suspense. Not much competition in cinemas for World as no one really does dinos like Jurassic Park does dinos. 

• Like 1