kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

This is nowhere near as bad as her death scene.

disagree, Probably worse. He was a very likeable character

Lost World also had a few more gruesome deaths and some gore. It even had a dog get eaten

JP1 had Sam Jackson's severed arm and even JP3 had a rotting corpse of a man and the raptors snapping a guys neck. Series is known for some gruesome deaths

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Zara's death was the most brutal IMO. Even more than the guy who was ripped apart. Losing her breath in the water and then tortured by the flying dinosaur...then shredded to pieces by the Mosasaur

It contributed to 1.6 billion boxoffice so audience loves this stuff. :)

Edited by Valonqar

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

It contributed to 1.6 billion boxoffice so, yes, audience loves this stuff. 

totally. not even big on the flick but the complaint about the babysitter is so just people trying to find shit. it's like when people started to pretend they cared about the imaginary civilians in big destruction scenes in blcokbusters after man of steel. whatever dude, i paid my ticket to watch a dumb movie where people get eaten by dinosaurs.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Ha the gymnastics. 

I remember the small uproar about Claire’s heels. I took my Mum to see Jurassic World and she said she would’nt take her heels off either lol.

My Mum won my “parents run” at my school sports day in her heels straight from work :rofl: proud moment. Go Mum!

LMFAO

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

totally. not even big on the flick but the complaint about the babysitter is so just people trying to find shit. it's like when people started to pretend they cared about the imaginary civilians in big destruction scenes in blcokbusters after man of steel. whatever dude, i paid my ticket to watch a dumb movie where people get eaten by dinosaurs.

I can guarantee (at least on my end) it’s not me trying to find shit.  It’s just way too out of place when you consider every other death scene in the movie.  if a good portion of the movie lingered on the deaths then I’d have much less of a problem with it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

hear, hear! ZaraGate was only because she was a (hot) chick. This time around, hot chicks or chicks won't die and the boxoffice will go down like a little bitch. :P I think that people loved Zara's offing so much because she was one of those plot armor characters - a chick, not evil, poised for narrow escapes - that never die in movies and then she did and gruesomely so! What a great surprise! They usually kill a fat, ugly, bespectacle guy in such manner for laughs. 

Edited by Valonqar

Jurassic World was genuinely fun. The people bemoaning it and calling it "atrocious" and "appalling" are insanely critical. It's a big budget blockbuster about dinosaurs...what did you expect? Jurassic World is obviously no Jurassic Park 1 (one of my favorite films ever) but it's far more entertaining than its two predecessors and has some awesome dino-action. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

In terms of sheer audacity at centering its entire marketing campaign on a scene that only lasts 5 minutes — in this case dinosaurs terrorizing thousands guests at a fully functioning park — JW is up there with BvS. That was the movie I wanted to see, and fuck JW for not giving it to us.

That said, I'm kind of intrigued to see where they go from here. Surely it's not yet another 'return to the abandoned park to find it overrun' storyline.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1

i have no idea why we're five movies deep and we haven't gotten dino/human gene splicing yet. DINO-PEOPLE.

dinosaurs-the-most-traumatizing-series-f

fr tho the big failure of all the sequels is that they're too afraid to go full b-movie. it's where you need to go. only so many times you can run away from herds and shit.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Can someone explain to me how that girl in LW was Ian's daughter? I mean...doesn't make any sense.

Biology/genetics. Mixed-race kids can still look predominantly one skin color

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1