kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

6 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Even with 1/3rd trailer views to IW, it can open same as it. People who will see this are less hyper on sm than marvel's fanbase.

The first JW trailer has more YT views than the first Ultron trailer so I don't think that's the case.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Even with 1/3rd trailer views to IW, it can open same as it. People who will see this are less hyper on sm than marvel's fanbase.

That means they are much easier to be swayed to not see this too...

(bad reviews or buzz etc)

Not saying it will be the case. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Most of the views are from after the movie release like Deadpool. maybe I am wrong.

JW trailer was around 63m views the day before release. For comparison, Ultron trailer had 73m views when that movie was released. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cookie said:

At least in JP3 you had Alan calling everyone out on their stupidity.

Ian Malcom does the same thing, even before the island. And continues to call everybody stupid the whole movie. The Main hunter calls the business men stupid too. 

The reason for him being on the Island also makes more sense than Alan. Ian didnt just say "Nothing can ever get me on that island... but a100 grand, sure"

Saving a loved one or Going for money? I think Alan Grant might be the stupid one, I mean he let Laura Durn get away from him too. thats stupid. 

Edited by Jay Hollywood
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Ian Malcom does the same thing, even before the island. And continues to call everybody stupid the whole movie. The Main hunter calls the business men stupid too. 

The reason for him being on the Island also makes more sense than Alan. Ian didnt just say "Nothing can ever get me on that island... but a100 grand, sure"

Saving a loved one or Going for money? I think Alan Grant might be the stupid one, I mean he let Laura Durn get away from him too. thats stupid. 

Alan needed the money for his research and he thought they were just going on an aerial tour over the island.

And smooth moves on Malcolm's girlfriend for going to an island filled with dinosaurs and not telling him. Fuck Lost World.

5 hours ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

It feels like it's impossible for this to open as high as IW, why would it? What's the hook? The park being open is what got people excited last time

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chewy said:

It feels like it's impossible for this to open as high as IW, why would it? What's the hook? The park being open is what got people excited last time

Ppl have waited their whole lives to see a CGI volcano erupt behind a herd of CGI dinosaurs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

New Synopsis and details!

Set several years after 2015’s billion-dollar smash Jurassic World — concerns a volcano on Isla Nublar that threatens the dinosaurs that had overrun the park at the end of the previous film. Who has the best shot at preventing the prehistoric beasts from becoming extinct (again)? That would be Chris Pratt’s dino trainer Owen Grady and Bryce Dallas Howard’s former park manager Claire Dearing.

“Claire’s founded an organization, Dinosaur Protection Group, and they’re finding a way to get these dinosaurs off the island,” Howard says. “She reaches out to Owen Grady to let him know this is happening.” Hmm. “Reaches out”? It seems Howard and Pratt’s burgeoning relationship now falls under the heading of “It’s complicated.” “When you see them at the beginning of this story, you get caught up as to what’s going on,” Howard says. “But it’s not what you would necessarily expect.”

Daniella Pineda (TBS’ The Detour) and Justice Smith (Paper Towns) play new characters involved with Claire’s dino-saving group, and Jeff Goldblum returns as mathematician Dr. Ian Malcolm for the first time in 20 years. “I had to overcome the impact of being in front of Ian Malcolm,” Bayona says. “After so many years, Jeff Goldblum was in front of a camera again talking about dinosaurs!” Like Mother Nature, Hollywood reboots always find a way.  

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I still think this will ourgross Infinity War worldwide easily. 

More general audiences than fanboys waiting for a trailer so I think views will be lower, but YouTube views mean nothing really. Look at Fifty Shades Darker, Unfriended. 

What I am suppose to see with 50 shades darker and is 146m opening weekend in relation with is Youtube views exactly ?

Youtube views mean a lot (the correlation is strong and obvious) you can look it here:

http://www.boxofficereport.com/trailerviews/owptayoutuberatios.html

But that the target audience and type of movies need to be taken into account, like for reviews that do not mean anything for most big action movies opening were the trailers quality is much more important but can be everything for a 3 Billboard or Suburbicon. And that Jurassic Park franchise is not one with many thinks to talk about and a rabid active fanbase with SH movies and will do better at the box office relative to is pre-opening buzz&metrics and you would be right.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Chewy said:

I agree. If it shows a TA to AOU drop it gets 192+ ow. If one accounts for the fight on Saturday during AOU's ow maybe 195.

Compared to 3.1x+ multi of JW, 2.45x multi could happen for FK accounting well for sequelitis.

Things could get close with:

FK : 195 ow/2.45x = 478 dom. 

AIW : 205 ow/2.30-2.35x = 472-482 dom.

• Like 3

I'm getting more confident this is going below 400 domestic every day tbh. The first one was a perfect storm of nostalgia, a hot cast, and a great hook. This is going to lose all that novelty, like Chewy said. Maybe if they full-fledged went to the mainland or the dinosaurs had machine guns or something. But this just seems like a filler sequel reshashing the island stuff.

155/375

Looking at it so far it seems like an Ultron which seemed like Filler. 

I think the best case situation for this is if this pulls off an Ultron.

Which would be a crazy super hit film still. 

Edited by Lordmandeep