kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

11 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Next June has:

Dead2ool, Incredibles 2, this, Sicario 2

They aren't all 4 doing 400+ so a few gotta disappoint

Yeah, Sicario 2's chances of 400M look slimmer every day. They haven't even got a teaser out yet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

This has been my fear all along with this franchise.  Where do you go after the park was opened and ultimately failed?  You can't reopen it after that and anything where you just have people visiting the island is going to be largely a rehash of The Lost World and JPIII.

23 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I'm getting more confident this is going below 400 domestic every day tbh. The first one was a perfect storm of nostalgia, a hot cast, and a great hook. This is going to lose all that novelty, like Chewy said. Maybe if they full-fledged went to the mainland or the dinosaurs had machine guns or something. But this just seems like a filler sequel reshashing the island stuff.

155/375

I REALLY don't see this falling 40%+ in admissions from the first.

11 minutes ago, ReyReyBattery said:

Wait, Brolin is in Sicario 2 as well? 

Somebody stop that man, he is out of control.

i know BDT rules in the first one but brolin doesn't get enough credit there. one of my favourite brolin performances actually. dude is rocking sandals in that FBI boardroom scene, shit eating grin on his face the whole time GOOD STUFF.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, cookie said:

smooth moves on Malcolm's girlfriend for going to an island filled with dinosaurs and not telling him. Fuck Lost World.

ummmm JP3 starts with a fucking parasailing accident for gods sake. They get attacked by nothing, because no dinosaurs could have got them. Then a kid stays alive on a island for 8 weeks alone and gathers T-rex pee.

Yet a scientist/zoologist  wanting to go to an island that you can study dinosaurs at makes no sense? lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I'm getting more confident this is going below 400 domestic every day tbh. The first one was a perfect storm of nostalgia, a hot cast, and a great hook. This is going to lose all that novelty, like Chewy said. Maybe if they full-fledged went to the mainland or the dinosaurs had machine guns or something. But this just seems like a filler sequel reshashing the island stuff.

155/375

You will be wrong :)

[Insert good arguments why this will cross 500M+]

18 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

ummmm JP3 starts with a fucking parasailing accident for gods sake. They get attacked by nothing, because no dinosaurs could have got them. Then a kid stays alive on a island for 8 weeks alone and gathers T-rex pee.

Yet a scientist/zoologist  wanting to go to an island that you can study dinosaurs at makes no sense? lol

I didn't say JP3 wasn't really stupid, it is. Lost World is just worse.

And my issue wasn't that she wanted to go to study dinosaurs, my issue was that she didn't bother to tell her boyfriend who may still have trauma from past events about it. That's just an asshole thing to do.

Fuck Lost World.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

155/375

Main reason the first one went over that big was it gave people a chance to see something they had really wanted to see since the first film. A Jurraisic Park in full operating mode.

This film does not have a  hook like that, and I find basic plot less then convincing. One big plotholel

Spoiler

Save Dinosaurs from extinction? Can't they just use DNA to grow some new ones?

It will do well but it won't come near JW.Cmasterclays figures seem to me to be likely.

29 minutes ago, dudalb said:

This film does not have a  hook like that, and I find basic plot less then convincing. One big plotholel

Hide contents

Save Dinosaurs from extinction? Can't they just use DNA to grow some new ones?

Spoiler

If my dog is in a house on fire, I would want to save it, not thinking "Oh well, I can buy another puppy". Besides, Owen has a sort of relationship with Blue, so it makes sense that he wants to find her. 

the best thing about the other jurassic park sequels is how flimsy and lame the excuses to get the characters back to that island are. like c'mon no reason is good enough to return to the monster death island. if i were them you could call me Jack Reacher because i'd Never Go Back!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Disbelief 1

the OG monster island movie had the best solution to this problem, in Son of Kong Carl Denham goes back to skull island because like everyone in new york wants to sue him so he's gotta leave! it's something they should replicate here with BDH's character.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, ReyReyBattery said:

I would go to Jurassic Park even if it had turned to shit. 

You get to see dinosaurs, man. That's a good way to go out.

Just imagine trying to get in front of a triceratops or something. Should it would be potentially dangerous, but it would be cool to see nonetheless.