kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

18 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Claire running in slow motion, towards camera with the flare and the T-Rex appearing behind her is still the best shot in any film of 2015. 

I get goosebumps every time. 

Yea, that was fantastic.

• Like 3

I am guessing male children will give way to female children. But there can't be a JP without children in peril. Seems important to the formula. Already threatened helpless adults having the burden to protect innocent children on top of saving their own asses in an all of a sudden food-chain altering world where humans potentially seem to be knocked off the perch, is pretty solid and emotional taxing formula. Really helps makes VFX take a back seat (wink wink) to the story.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Trailer gonna end with Toretto hopping out of the volcano with a car and head butting a dinosaur

I would create a 400M OW train for this. Unfortunately, it won't happen.

• Astonished 1

looks and feels like a sequel alright. Was hoping that Bayona would bring some of his visual flavour. It's increasingly looking like directors have to do exactly what the producers of a franchise want. Nothing too different. More of the same with better vfx and set pieces. A good story is a bonus.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, a2knet said:

I am guessing male children will give way to female children. But there can't be a JP without children in peril. Seems important to the formula. Already threatened helpless adults having the burden to protect innocent children on top of saving their own asses in an all of a sudden food-chain altering world where humans potentially seem to be knocked off the perch, is pretty solid and emotional taxing formula. Really helps makes VFX take a back seat (wink wink) to the story.

It’s a story about the dinosaurs, which are VFX. 

And family films usually have children in them, because a large part of the audience are children. 

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

JP2's Gymnastics, JP3's Alan!, JW's Heel-run and FK's Pratt-run. All epic.

Ha the gymnastics. 

I remember the small uproar about Claire’s heels. I took my Mum to see Jurassic World and she said she would’nt take her heels off either lol.

My Mum won my “parents run” at my school sports day in her heels straight from work :rofl: proud moment. Go Mum!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2