kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

7 hours ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Never understood how cruel deaths are negatives? it confuses me. Do people want everything to be generic.

How do you NOT want to see 2 T-rexs rip a body in half!? C''mon hahaha I loved it since I was 4. Hoenstly I Love Eddie and I love him more knowing he has the best death in movie too. Not only is it cool, but its so brutal it actually stings the heart because he didnt deserve it. Thats what makes death itself sad in general if you go too soon. thats why you cry isn't it? 

its film! The fact your getting a strong reaction of a death is a positive. Even if you are angry at it. Thats a GREAT thing!  Being strongly apposed to a death is better than an average generic, no feels what so ever extra getting killed. 

It's because the people you really want to suffer and die don't - especially the co called "heroes" in JP2 and JW who cause all the death and mayhem.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

It's because the people you really want to suffer and die don't - especially the co called "heroes" in JP2 and JW who cause all the death and mayhem.

The heroes can't help it. They are dinosaurs. It's in their nature and stuff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Noctis said:

Jurassic World was genuinely fun. The people bemoaning it and calling it "atrocious" and "appalling" are insanely critical. It's a big budget blockbuster about dinosaurs...what did you expect? Jurassic World is obviously no Jurassic Park 1 (one of my favorite films ever) but it's far more entertaining than its two predecessors and has some awesome dino-action. 

Not sure if you are fully serious, Jurassic Park was a giant budget blockbuster about Dinosaurs and it is one of the best movies of all time, is it not normal for people to have expectation of it's return to be at least above average ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

totally. not even big on the flick but the complaint about the babysitter is so just people trying to find shit.

Disagree with that, we are both speculating obviously but I think it was visceral and automatic for many that talked about it, something they felt strange when it happened during the movie (asking themselve is the movie want me to find funny, find it to be some consequence to be on her smarthphone or what is this ?)

Not something they come up with once the movie was finished, didn't like it for other reason but thought that was one.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Barnack said:

Not sure if you are fully serious, Jurassic Park was a giant budget blockbuster about Dinosaurs and it is one of the best movies of all time, is it not normal for people to have expectation of it's return to be at least above average ?

Jurassic Park wasn't one of the best movies of all-time. It was revolutionary as far as special effects go but it's not the pinnacle of cinema. It's a big blockbuster that's fun, why make it into something more? 

35 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

Jurassic Park wasn't one of the best movies of all-time. It was revolutionary as far as special effects go but it's not the pinnacle of cinema. It's a big blockbuster that's fun, why make it into something more? 

I'd say "Jurassic Park is one of the best mega-blockbusters ever" is a pretty reasonable argument. For kids of a certain age in the early 90s JP was the closest they got to their own Star Wars experience, and on rewatch I think it holds up thanks to great characters, pitch-perfect atmosphere and well-executed pacing.

It's why no matter how shitty the sequels are I'll always find myself rooting for this franchise, against all logic.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

giphy.gif

This is among the reasons why Lost World is by far the worst one.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, cookie said:

This is among the reasons why Lost World is by far the worst one.

The Lost World's chief failing is definitely that it's totally oblivious about what dickheads most of its good guys are. In the movie's head, Vince Vaughn's character is someone the audience roots for.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I'd say "Jurassic Park is one of the best mega-blockbusters ever" is a pretty reasonable argument. For kids of a certain age in the early 90s JP was the closest they got to their own Star Wars experience, and on rewatch I think it holds up thanks to great characters, pitch-perfect atmosphere and well-executed pacing.

It's why no matter how shitty the sequels are I'll always find myself rooting for this franchise, against all logic.

Your description I can agree with, it was one of the best mega blockbusters ever...I wouldn't call it one of the best movies ever. I love the franchise to death but come on. 

20 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

The Lost World's chief failing is definitely that it's totally oblivious about what dickheads most of its good guys are. In the movie's head, Vince Vaughn's character is someone the audience roots for.

Oh don't get started on Vince Vaughn :gold:

29 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

true. even in jp3 i was hoping that everyone except alan (including the kid) dies.

(but i still like it more than jp2)

Edited by a2knet

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

true. even in jp3 i was hoping that everyone except alan (including the kid) dies.

(but i still like it more than jp2)

At least in JP3 you had Alan calling everyone out on their stupidity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1