kayumanggi

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM | 22 JUN 2018 | Universal | J.A. Bayona to direct | The Park is Closed | NOT THE FRANCHISE WARS THREAD

Given this new featurette thingy gave very frightening vibes, and Bayona himself said he likes to play with suspense, could we be in for an R rated Jurassic film??? On the one hand I feel "Who the hell would want that??", then again I'm like "Oh shit, gimme gimme gimme"... I'm so conflicted :kitschjob:

It looks so much bigger in scale that the other films in the franchise and this one will have more dinosaurs than ever before. That sounds to me like a recipe for a ton of repeat business, think we have another phenomenon on our hands. Men will love it, women will love it, kids will love it...huge, huge, HUGE numbers incoming next June.

Edited by Bishop54
  • Like 3
  • Astonished 2

23 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

I'm getting more confident this is going below 400 domestic every day tbh. The first one was a perfect storm of nostalgia, a hot cast, and a great hook. This is going to lose all that novelty, like Chewy said. Maybe if they full-fledged went to the mainland or the dinosaurs had machine guns or something. But this just seems like a filler sequel reshashing the island stuff.

155/375

Yeah... I know lots of people that like the first, lots of people that hate the first, but nobody that really loves this movie. I see it falling for the first movie quite a bit. At least in the UK

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, AJG said:

Yeah... I know lots of people that like the first, lots of people that hate the first, but nobody that really loves this movie. I see it falling for the first movie quite a bit. At least in the UK

Ya'll undererstimate the Goldblum factor!

2 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Goldblum is barely in it. 2 quick scenes max probably so I don't expect much.

He said on the Empire podcast his role is really small, like small enough they could cut him out the movie and it would still work. 

:gold: 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Goldblum is barely in it. 2 quick scenes max probably so I don't expect much.

He said on the Empire podcast his role is really small, like small enough they could cut him out the movie and it would still work. 

NOOOOOO :whosad::whosad:

• Like 1

I didn't like the first one all that much but I didn't see it in the theater. I plan on watching this in the theater to get the full effect of the special effects.  I couldn't appreciate them on tv and I found the story meh.  The trailer is out tomorrow but they show quite a bit of footage on some behind the scenes stuff and the scale looks ridiculously huge. This should be a good IMAX experience.

Jurrasic World: Fallen Kingodm

Years after the events of Jurassic World, a volcanic eruption threatens the remaining dinosaurs on the island of Isla Nublar, where the animals have freely roamed after the demise of the park. Claire Dearing, the former park manager, has now founded the Dinosaur Protection Group, an organisation dedicated to protecting the dinosaurs. To help with her cause, Claire has recruited Owen Grady, a former dinosaur trainer who worked at the park, to prevent the extinction of the dinosaurs.[5]

I'll be honest, the plot sounds stupid.

Byrce Dallas Howard is going back to the island she and Chris Pratt almost died in to rescue the dinosaurs that are about to be extinct, again, from a volcano?

Where is she going to put them in? Jurassic Park? Is this supposed to be a prequel? :gold: