K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

I'm just so, so, so happy for Bryce Dallas Howard. Chris was always going to get big roles anyway, but Bryce really deserves bigger projects than she usually gets.

For the first time, I think she had sex appeal in the movie.  I've never looked at her that way before, but once she goes all Commando in the film, she's quite appealing.

And MJ2 probably will lose it's 3rd place DOM if this opens to 200M and AOU will finish third this yeah. That something I didn't saw comming.

Edited by pepsa

I find it ridiculous that Disney will likely lose the year DOM despite having TA sequel and SW in a single year. I find it even more ridiculous that WB is still way ahead of Disney through this point of the year despite having none of their signature franchises :lol:  Who wouldve predicted that at the beginning of 2015.

Disny is not prolific enough. Beyond Pixar, & Marvel, their line-up is almost nonexistent compared to Warner & Fox. They seem to unable to develop their own live-action tent pole outside of the Pirates movies, examples: Tomorrowland, Lone Ranger & John Carter.

Edited by zackzack

You're forgetting the fuss New Moon caused when it blew expectations way out of the water.

I guess but it didn't have that impact all those 6 movies had in my honest opinion. It is definitely still a huge shocker but SM was the first $100M OW. Shrek made $100M over 3 days after opening quite low on Wednesday. JW is looking to cross $200 OW (and possible OW record) when it was expected to struggle past half of that for 3 day. The Avengers was the first movie to pass $200M in 3 days. THG grossed $150M+ in 3 days without 3d and in March. American Sniper blew past $90 in 3 days when it had already been on limited release plus it was rated R.

• Like 2

Yeah or nah on 200 million everyone? 

Yeah. 

I think at this point even if it doesn't quite do 200 million, Universal will fudge it. I think it'll get past it anyway.

For the first time, I think she had sex appeal in the movie.  I've never looked at her that way before, but once she goes all Commando in the film, she's quite appealing.

Stunning redhead MILF.

Bravo Ron !

• Like 1

Disny is not prolific enough. Beyond Pixar, & Marvel, their line-up is almost nonexistent compared to Warner & Fox. They seem to unable to develop their own live-action tent pole outside of the Pirates movies, examples: Tomorrowland, Lone Ranger & John Carter.

I also read somewhere that their plan is always to have 10 - 14 movies a year. They want to focus on big tentpoles and potential mid-sized hits. They don't usually have horror or comedy films.

I guess but it didn't have that impact all those 6 movies had in my honest opinion. It is definitely still a huge shocker but SM was the first $100M OW. Shrek made $100M over 3 days after opening quite low on Wednesday. JW is looking to cross $200 OW (and possible OW record) when it was expected to struggle past half of that for 3 day. The Avengers was the first movie to pass $200M in 3 days. THG grossed $150M+ in 3 days without 3d and in March. American Sniper blew past $90 in 3 days when it had already been on limited release plus it was rated R.

Yep, good post.  I see what you mean.

But from personal memory, I remember having some heated discussions with Shawn, as close as 2 or 3 days away from the OD and he was still trying to convince me that NM wouldn't come close to 100 mill.  I only remember this because I opened a NM over 100 mill OW thread and for the first two months of it, I was basically a pariah.

So we just have different recollections of it's opening...prior to it opening.  :)

Relative to my own predictions, this is without question more shocking than any opening weekend in recent memory. Maybe ever.

A possible $200m? Maybe the all-time record? For a fourth movie in a franchise not named Star Wars?

Just stunning.

THE CREATOR IN THE HOUSE! Must be a big weekend.