K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Guys can JW do 20m+ on its first monday cause me the most phenomenal box office history is the first monday and the first tuesday of TDK can iit reach that?

It has a very real chance to beat TDK's Monday and Tuesday grosses. TDK's Monday was one of the great moments on the BOM forums.

• Like 1

Guys can JW do 20m+ on its first monday cause me the most phenomenal box office history is the first monday and the first tuesday of TDK can iit reach that?

I don't think it does TDK mon/tues, but it should/could match the $19m and $18m of TA.

Yes. Even a 20% Sunday drop (offsetting summer bump with NBA/Game of Thrones) would give it $208.8m. But we've got a long way to go. Curious to see how it can perform today.

My guess similar situation to TA1 where spillover will help Saturday and Sunday grosses. It certainly didn't have the same screen count as TA2.

Inside Out was never gonna open at 100M.

I didn't say that. I think it's tracking to open around 70m. My question was whether a 100m and a 70m movie could coexist in the same weekend.

Edited by KATCH 22

Holy shit, so it was at the upper end of rth's range. Awesome. This has consistently beaten our expectations. 

I'm going to expect 200m OW for now, and maybe a shot at the OW record assuming how saturday holds up. 

A lot can obviously happen here, and with such huge numbers, minute percentages really matter big time.... but I've got it just beating the OW record with $208 million.

History is so goddamned weird in the way it repeats itself.

Not a record.

Let us know how things go tonight. Good luck, haha.

I'm working all day on one of the side concessions just so we have everything up and running.  Me and my boss will do this from time to time because there just aren't enough kids to go around on these busy days.

We did 5700 yesterday in total attendance.  If this thing is as beastly as it appears to be, I can easily see 6500 or so depending on the holdovers, 5,000 from JW alone if it sells out all day.  

• Like 1

Controversial statement: I find these numbers more awe-inspiring than anything in JURASSIC WORLD. :P

Ha, that is probably a fair enough comment. I haven't seen it yet but I have a hard time believing it could live up to the legacy of JP1. And make no mistake, this opening is a big testament to how beloved that 22 year old film is. Still though, I have heard enough positive WOM on various forums that I expect a good time with the dinos tomorrow morning.