kayumanggi

RAMPAGE | 13 April 2018 | Warner Brothers | Dwayne Johnson

5 hours ago, aabattery said:

Holding out hope that he turns into a giant Dwayne Johnson in the third act to deal with the big monsters himself.

Better drop a People's Elbow on the Wolf/Bat

• Like 3

Audience reactions to the trailer have been positive. Over the years it took me awhile to realize that the Rock is the boxoffice draw, it's not the movies/properties he's involved in. I guess I've been hiding under a rock. Woohooo. *wink*

w/o the Rock 

$20m OW

$85m Dom

w/ the Rock

$40m OW

$110m Dom

• Like 1

22 hours ago, grim22 said:

We are exploring an option where he is threadbanned from all WB threads and the franchise war thread to see if his "I just like to post news and discuss movies" rhetoric is true

Considering WB has 13 movies coming up in 2018 alone, that's a lot of thread bans! 

I think's it's for the best if he is banned from all the WB threads. He has proven that his obsessive negativity towards WB movies is not him liking to just discuss movies. If that were true that he wouldn't be negative towards WB good movies that are hits.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I think's it's for the best if he is banned from all the WB threads. He has proven that his obsessive negativity towards WB movies is not him liking to just discuss movies. If that were true that he wouldn't be negative towards WB good movies that are hits.

He probably doesn't like anyone in Hollywood tbh. After all, everybody's worked on at least one WB film at some point in their careers.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

This appeals to me in the same way Geostorm and Hurricane Heist did. Looks like about the same kind of story held together with chewing gum and baling wire, just enough to excuse over the top disasters. 

So I'm in, I just don't know why a wide audience would be.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 3:24 PM, KeepItU25071906 said:

just lower

Of course, everything can happen, but I don't think it's bigger than 125 mln.

Ever since New Line went belly up as a independent studio,and became a division of Warners Films, Warners has kept them..except for the Hobbit movies...on a pretty strict budgetary diet.

1 hour ago, harrycaul said:

This appeals to me in the same way Geostorm and Hurricane Heist did. Looks like about the same kind of story held together with chewing gum and baling wire, just enough to excuse over the top disasters. 

So I'm in, I just don't know why a wide audience would be.

Except that Rampage is over the top and comedic on purpose..in fact, looks as if the whole thing is tongue in cheek. And Tongue in Cheek can be not easy to sell to a mainstream audience. You have a number of people here complain that the movie looks "Silly". That it is SUPPOSED to be silly is beside the point;it is a turn off to some of the core audience for monster epics.

It's hard to say how this will do because of that factor.

Persosnally I think that the film is not taking itself seriously and will probably poke fun at a lot of the clichés of the genre is the main reason I am going to see this..before I found out about that is's pretty much a comic take on the genre, I wrote it off as just another big monster epic, and not worth ten bucks. But some of my taste are not mainstream.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 2

Mainstream movies got over the top, comedic on purpose and silly too, Jurassic World did it a lot, the whole recent entry of the Fast&Furious franchise, the last King Kong did it a lot, Mission Impossible.

Edited by Barnack