vc2002

Thursday numbers: IO 7.7,JW 6.8,TG 6.3, MM2 5.7 (Gopher strikes again)

I think that will probably be offset by it losing many screens and IMAX this weekend.

Also animation is known to hold well over time and IO is definitely proving that point.

I think IO will win the weekend. JW has surprised us in the past though, so it's possible.

It's only losing 396 screens (the majority probably IMAX and large format), I wouldn't be too concerned.

I am SUPER glad Uni did not release Minions this weekend, but oh man they totally should have. Missed opportunity right here.

Why on Earth would Uni release their three biggest movies of the summer within three weeks of each other. 

It is losing 396 theaters, which could each have it on 2-3 screens.

I really don't get that at all. It was the #1 movie last weekend, and they're just dropping it this week?

Only makes sense to me if it's a really small theater that only has enough screens for the 4-5 most recent releases or something like that.

Edited by JennaJ

IO will win for sure. It wont be close as well. July 4 supports family films more than PG13 movies. So IO will hold stronger and it will be ahead on friday by a margin as well. No way JW wins this. TG and MM2 will follow the top 2.

Minions are going to break out for sure. I would say 115m OW for now.

I really don't get that at all. It was the #1 movie last weekend, and they're just dropping it this week?

Only makes sense to me if it's a really small theater that only has enough screens for the 4-5 most recent releases or something like that.

It's losing IMAX to (snicker) Terminator per contract, which movie owners will be rolling their eyes at. I wonder if the IMAX contract will allow them to pull out after the first weekend and possibly give them BACK to JW before Ant Man?

i have to say its too funny when i feel a disconnect of sorts with the majority vibe of the forum concerning their take about a movie 

i actually enjoyed terminator genysis  :ph34r: i saw it last night it was mindless popcorn fun , i laughed a lot in the beginning at the plotand twists but then i went along with it , arnold is arnold and and emilia and that dude aka kyle reese were more than ok , is he the guy you say tanks his movies ? 

maybe RL is just a tad shitty these days that i can't be bothered getting upset over details , then again i don't feel like terminator is a franchise where people would seriously be bitching about any deviations  , the action was good ! as retelling goes of an origin story i give them kudos for doing something fresh with it unlike yawn yawn man of steel  ^_^

ok  but right before this film i went to see unfriended because there was nothing else playing at the time i arrived and i didnt want to wait outside doing nothing as shops had already closed 5mn i'm like wtf is the whole movie a computer screen , click copy paste shit , then an hour in this movie is getting super creepy i don't do creepy movie i haul my ass out of there less i got nightmares just in time to go see terminator G that was starting at 10.15

It's losing IMAX to (snicker) Terminator per contract, which movie owners will be rolling their eyes at. I wonder if the IMAX contract will allow them to pull out after the first weekend and possibly give them BACK to JW before Ant Man?

Someone said that happened with another movie (Dark Shadows I think?) but I guess Paramount would have to OK it, and I don't see why they would.

The loss of IMAX is not going to affect the theater count that much. Most of the multiplexes with IMAX will have the film on regular screens. The vast majority of the 396 theaters dropping JP4 are doing so because they have very small capacity.

• Like 1

The loss of IMAX is not going to affect the theater count that much. Most of the multiplexes with IMAX will have the film on regular screens. The vast majority of the 396 theaters dropping JP4 are doing so because they have very small capacity.

LOL I guess they can't drop TG on its opening weekend.

Edited by JennaJ

True, but the joke is that nobody is going to attend those Terminator IMAX screenings, ESPECIALLY after the first week.

People here being excited has been a good sign in the past (The Hunger Games, Furious 7, Jurassic World)

When you say people, can you give a more accurate number?   I think that would give everyone here a better idea of how big of a poll you are reporting.   3-5 people at school does not make for rabid excitement, whereas maybe a couple hundred would actually mean something.  

It is losing 396 theaters, which could each have it on 2-3 screens.

I'd say it's likely that the 396 theaters are very very small theaters, the kind that only have 2 screens and probably couldn't show JW on multiple screens

Edited by MrPink

When you say people, can you give a more accurate number? I think that would give everyone here a better idea of how big of a poll you are reporting. 3-5 people at school does not make for rabid excitement, whereas maybe a couple hundred would actually mean something.

I'd say it was at least 10 people, maybe 15. Often times people were discussing it and Jurassic World at the same time

Edited by Ethan Hunt