grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I'll never rule out anything but I remember when Solo's supposedly stellar word of mouth was going to save it. 

BTW, This isn't winter, it's not going to behave like Jumanji.

Nobody’s expecting literal 10x legs or anything. “Pulls a Jumanji” just means unexpectedly successful with the GA and legs out quite well. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

So whatever happens, will we be getting a live action remake of Return of Jarfar? 

If this gets pretty successful and profitable enough...maybe/probably. Though i bet it could be a much more improved version of that animated sequel. Which makes me wonder about the third animated Aladdin-film ”The King of Thieves” since that one is the better of the two Aladdin-sequels.

37 minutes ago, Porthos said:

If it follows true to the format path of the original, it'll be on Disney+ in four or so years. :ph34r:

Do you bet it could be a much more improved version of that film? Since that is the film where Iago becomes a protagonist and betrays Jafar. (for the rest of the Disney animated Aladdin-franchise after Return of Jafar) and the first appearance of Abis Mal.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

At this point, I'm more curious about international. Sorry if there's already figures somewhere in here that I missed - any early word on overseas results?

Saw it last night at half seven, and my screening was maybe a quarter full. The entire cinema was barren, really.

I'm not falling for the early audience score yet. It's a nice sign, sure, but then at this point we had an 85% critic score. Being cautious on this one.

But I will still be very curious about the preview numbers. Shouldn't there be a weekend thread at this point?

I wish RT could refresh all the previously released films with this verified rating 

although they’re just going with 3.5 stars or higher and positive, but I would consider 3 stars positive 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, jedijake said:

I'm not falling for the early audience score yet. It's a nice sign, sure, but then at this point we had an 85% critic score. Being cautious on this one.

But I will still be very curious about the preview numbers. Shouldn't there be a weekend thread at this point?

Weekend threads get made when the official Thursday Prev number is out. Wait another 4 hours or so for that.

7 hours ago, JB33 said:

LOL! I love how it's completely unanimous how Jafar sucks in this. We saw social media reactions like yours that were borderline glowing, but with the caveat that Jafar was pretty bad. 

Good review, though. I just found it unintentionally funny reading yet another person saying the same thing, especially when the rest of your review is overwhelmingly positive and energetic. 

"LOL. You love...?"- whats there to love? Seriously? Is there a carrot on a stick that i am not aware of? Spell it out....

TTVOMJ

We Enjoyed this Film it was defintley a fun and magical expierence! And the music was so much better - No Autotune Songs (After that Beauty and the beast overkill last time) thank goodness! Lots of life and energy to them! Here's Our Fun Filled Movie Review to this movie! Hope ya like it! :)

Edited by Seth Irskens
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Jasmine/Naomi Scott is a clear highlight. Most people I’ve talked to say she was great and other main characters just fine to bad.     

Audience review #s on RT are very low right now, and it’s unclear to me how valuable it will be with the new change, but it’s showing some early indications of being another critic/GA mismatch.     

Disney live reimagining CS scores:   

Maleficent A

Jungle Book A

Pete’s Dragon A

BatB A

Cinderella A

Dumbo A-

AiW A-

AttLG A-

Oz B+   

Guessing A for Aladdin, but A- not shocking. Wonder if this group will ever get an A+.

it'll be interesting how the verified RT score and Cinemascore will correlate with each other. As far as I know those 2 are now the only online scores from people who actually have 100% seen the movie right?

it's currently at 90% verified audience rating so I think this should translate to an A or A+ Cinemascore. We'll see.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RealLyre said:

it'll be interesting how the verified RT score and Cinemascore will correlate with each other. As far as I know those 2 are now the only online scores from people who actually have 100% seen the movie right?

it's currently at 90% verified audience rating so I think this should translate to an A or A+ Cinemascore. We'll see.

I don’t think it’ll be A+. It’s better than people expected and fun to watch, but no one is saying it’s amazing. I’d say A- based on these reactions. 

• Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

I’m interested in exploring this correlation as well, once we get more data. Aladdin won’t get an A+. Having seen it there’s just no way, the plus is quite exclusive.

• Like 1

How likely is it that the 90% audience score will remain? Or even that it remains in the 80's?

And what affect does an audience score have on the box office? All I can relate to is Marvel movies and SW movies and the effects from their audience scores. 

Edited by jedijake
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, Deja23 said:

I don’t think it’ll be A+. It’s better than people expected and fun to watch, but no one is saying it’s amazing. I’d say A- based on these reactions. 

I liked it more than Jungle Book and lots of my friends seem to share a similar reaction. and The Jungle Book got an A so I wouldn't rule out Aladdin getting the same rating if not better.