WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

LOL I watched Guardians maybe 10 times, doesn't get old for me and doesn't lose its charm. Still my favorite MCU movie.  :wub:

But to each their own. 

Dat moment when your kid asks you to explain the Jason Polock joke from Guadians ...

:lol:

• Like 1

Pirates and Superman 2006

Spider-Man and Star Wars 2002

LOTR loonies supposedly were insufferable (Baumer knows better on this one than anyone I think...ask him)

I'd have quite liked to have seen the SW loonies shot down by Spider-Man.

http://variety.com/2015/film/box-office/ant-man-box-office-marvel-1201543684/

“The media expects a lot, maybe too much, from Marvel movies,” said Jeff Bock, an analyst with Exhibitor Relations. “This is not a B-list character. It’s barely even a C-list one. It’s a comicbook that hardly anybody collected.”

Executives at Disney, Marvel’s parent company, admitted that they would have liked a bigger number, but tried to accentuate the positive, noting that Ant-Man was, in their words, “an obscure character.”

What’s more troubling is that “Ant-Man” shows that even with the strongest brand in comicbook movies behind it, audiences won’t show up to see just any costumed vigilante. Marvel may have felt emboldened by the success of “Guardians of the Galaxy,” which took marginal figures and fashioned them into film stars, but James Gunn’s pop culture-infused direction helped elevate that material. There simply wasn’t enough to distinguish “Ant-Man” from the onslaught of origin stories and superhero films.

“This sends a clear message to Marvel that they need to up the stakes a little bit,” said Bock. “This was a solid film, but it was also on a little bit of cruise control. They should have had a cameo from Iron Man or something to up the ante.”

:rofl:

• Like 1

Fishnets is going nuts over on EW.com. :(

She's blaming the "failure" of Ant-Man on...guess who?

She was good in the movie and she is hot. I know why she thinks that, tho, it is not surprising.
  • Like 2

They reach the right conclusion in the second paragraph only to undo it with that silly quote. The lesson here is make things that look fresh and interesting, that are different and new and have an exciting hook. It's not "put Iron-Man in it". Geez.

DC is following this in their SS movie with that Batman cameo :lol:
  • Like 1

I'm pretty surprised Disney is admitting defeat to the negative spin-meisters. $58m is a very good opening. Did they read too much of this forum and get their hopes up too much?

It is under Thor and CA1, it is a disappointing opening for them, I am sure.
  • Like 1