WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

The point being I don't think some of the people calling 70+ a lock have adjusted to the current era.

They also aren't being very thorough if they are comparing it to films that opened outside of the heart of summer, which tends to be the case with Marvel. Guardians is actually the best comparison we have across the board: original property instead of sequel, released in the 7 PM preview era, and released in the heart of summer instead of April, early May, November, etc.

Guardians had much stronger wom than this seems to, so I don't think even that is a great comparison. We'll just have to wait and see

Definitely agree that 70 is no lock. Wouldn't even bet on 65 at the moment, although it's doable

Guardians had much stronger wom than this seems to, so I don't think even that is a great comparison. We'll just have to wait and see

Definitely agree that 70 is no lock. Wouldn't even bet on 65 at the moment, although it's doable

65 is doable but I'm not convinced it will get to 60 in the first place. That would be a great opening if it happens though. Not exactly a huge name character.

• Like 1

Definitely agree that 70 is no lock. Wouldn't even bet on 65 at the moment, although it's doable.

After 5 hours of showings?

• Like 2