AniNate

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle | December 22 2017 | Special showings for Amazon Prime members on December 8

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I actually browsed the YouTube page earlier to see if anyone had posted a comment saying "Robin Williams is turning in his grave" and whoop there it was. Pretty sure nobody actually held the original Jumanji in any kind of high-esteem until after he passed.

I was gonna put that in my highlights section but it was too cliche for it to be laughable.

There's no way Robin Williams is "rolling in his grave" because of a sequel to a movie he likely didn't really care much about.

lol at y'all making fun of the reaction to the trailer. they are the ones that decided to make a remake/reboot of a movie that a lot of millennials grew up with that has no similarities to the original besides name.. Obviously there was going to be backlash. I dont' even think it looks bad but I predicted this when I first saw the first cast picture. 

It will still do well with kids or whatever but if they were just targeting kids they should have given it a different name. 

Edited by ban1o

25 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Jumanji A

Scarface B

Godfather B

ET B

aggressive-1748701_960_720-230x300.jpg

Now you better give Jaws a C or D.:insane:

Anyway, this trailer totally looks like Ghostbuster 2016 remake. There's a difference between light-hearted fun (like the original Ghostbuster and Jumanji)  and too-light-hearted-to-be-fun like Ghostbuster 2016 and most likely this Jumanji remake.

It's not a remake, reboot or reimagining. Don't know why people keep saying this. It's been stated multiple times that it's a sequel to the first and will have little moments that elude to the first movie as well as Williams' character. 

Im sure it'll play well enough with families during the holidays. I'll see it sometime between seeing TLJ for the fifth time lol

29 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

Now you better give Jaws a C or D.:insane:

Anyway, this trailer totally looks like Ghostbuster 2016 remake. There's a difference between light-hearted fun (like the original Ghostbuster and Jumanji)  and too-light-hearted-to-be-fun like Ghostbuster 2016 and most likely this Jumanji remake.

Jaws A/A+

Agree with you Ghosbusters analogy. Though I don't feel as negative about it as GB but the sentiment is similar.

Edited by a2knet

I think the original movie displayed heart, passion, and dedication, much like most movies at the time. I would be happy if the quarter of modern blockbusters that display almost no passion whatsoever were more like the original Jumanji at least.

Now, will this Jumanji film have a redeemable amount of true filmmaking passion within it? We don't have an answer quite yet, but the trailer gave me the impression that it could honestly go either way.

• Like 2

Mostly I just find the trailer really unfunny. Every joke landed flat for me.

the other point is this looks nothing like the original Jumanji - not in tone and not story-wise. It just feels like using the name for the sake of giving it name-recognition and nostalgia-baiting.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, slambros said:

I think the original movie displayed heart, passion, and dedication, much like most movies at the time. I would be happy if the quarter of modern blockbusters that display almost no passion whatsoever were more like the original Jumanji at least.

Now, will this Jumanji film have a redeemable amount of true filmmaking passion within it? We don't have an answer quite yet, but the trailer gave me the impression that it could honestly go either way.

In the mid-90s? Ha.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

People are not suddenly pretending to like Jumanji, a lot of people have always liked Jumanji. Nobody is claiming that it's the greatest movie of all time but it's a nice solid little family movie.

I know, I just find it funny that so many people have been acting like that movie is hallowed territory when...it's really not lol.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1