Blankments

Split | January 20, 2017 | James McAvoy | Directed by M. Night Shyamalan and Produced by Jason Blum

13 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

My mom wants to see it (she loves horror) so I'll probably be seeing this next weekend.

1 minute ago, Jake Gittes said:

This doesn't get released here until mid-March but I'm now getting excited for it. Helps that it's the only interesting movie coming out that week. Release the McAvoy.

james mcavoy split

4 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

Is there really a boycott over this due to the mental illness theme? Bunch of fucking snowflakes! I feel like seeing this 5 times now out of spite.

You're right, we should just stand back and let Hollywood be as offensive as they want to the less privileged members of society that have very little power to stop it. It's not like the mentally ill are highly discriminated against. Not that anyone who uses the term "snowflake" to describe a rightly outraged person would understand that. 

• Like 2

I don't know how offensive this movie is to the mentally ill, but activists of any sort need to come up with a more original strategy than a boycott threat. They invariably just make me roll my eyes.

I feel that way even about a patently offensive movie like A Serbian Film or The Human Centipede. The best way to get your message across is to refuse to acknowledge the movie's existence at all.

51 minutes ago, Frozen said:

You're right, we should just stand back and let Hollywood be as offensive as they want to the less privileged members of society that have very little power to stop it. It's not like the mentally ill are highly discriminated against. Not that anyone who uses the term "snowflake" to describe a rightly outraged person would understand that. 

It's shit like this that got Trump elected, take a chill pill, it's only a movie.

33 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I don't know how offensive this movie is to the mentally ill, but activists of any sort need to come up with a more original strategy than a boycott threat. They invariably just make me roll my eyes.

I feel that way even about a patently offensive movie like A Serbian Film or The Human Centipede. The best way to get your message across is to refuse to acknowledge the movie's existence at all.

Yes, boycotts tend to be free advertising and usually have the opposite effect.

Also, you hav just acknowledged both movies existence.

Edited by Boxofficerules