Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Secret Invasion is awful.

Even so, it is a great jumping off point for new movies. It is also a fun way to recast some folks without killing characters. The “real” (insert character) has been on a Skrull spaceship for X amount of years, and that is why they are suddenly a new actor. 

1 minute ago, captainwondyful said:

Even so, it is a great jumping off point for new movies. It is also a fun way to recast some folks without killing characters. The “real” (insert character) has been on a Skrull spaceship for X amount of years, and that is why they are suddenly a new actor. 

That's my whole issue with it! That sounds so so so so bad to me. This character you've grown to like over the past whatever years is actually not that character! Ah-hah what a twist.

It's terrible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

That idea sucked in the comics and will suck in live action.

• Like 2

I have never read a single superhero comic book in my life (unless you count that one Batman comic I skimmed through from my middle school library because I was bored and had literally nothing to do) and always get super confused whenever someone brings up a storyline and I’m like “what the fuck are you talking about?”

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I have never read a single superhero comic book in my life (unless you count that one Batman comic I skimmed through from my middle school library because I was bored and had literally nothing to do) and always get super confused whenever someone brings up a storyline and I’m like “what the fuck are you talking about?”

The plot of Secret Invasion is that a bunch of the heroes were alien bad guys the whole time. It's incredibly dumb and basically nullifies all the development those characters have undergone. I HATE IT.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aabattery said:

Secret Invasion is awful.

1 hour ago, aabattery said:

That's my whole issue with it! That sounds so so so so bad to me. This character you've grown to like over the past whatever years is actually not that character! Ah-hah what a twist.

It's terrible.

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

The plot of Secret Invasion is that a bunch of the heroes were alien bad guys the whole time. It's incredibly dumb and basically nullifies all the development those characters have undergone. I HATE IT.

Ok, big question here.

Which is worse.

Secret Invasion

or

Spinosaurus snaps T-Rex's neck

1 minute ago, 4815162342 said:

Ok, big question here.

Which is worse.

Secret Invasion

or

Spinosaurus snaps T-Rex's neck

Spinosaurus vs T-Rex, no question. The worst thing ever done.

Well, maybe not the worst...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Oh.

Comic books are weird.

• Like 1

Kevin Feige is smart enough to not even consider secret invasion. I guess the MCU will go on with the remaining actors/heroes as pillars (BP, dr. Strange, GOTG, captain marvel, ant man ) and wait until the dust settles in regards to fox. If the MCU gets its hands on ff4 and the X-men then the MCU is set for another decade until a full reboot.

Edited by Thrylos 7

It just occurred to me that the total WW grosses of the 2 Thanos films vs the 3 sequel trilogy films could be very close.  

Phase 4/Avengers 5 will probably involve some relatively self contained plot and a medium tier villain. Then if they want to do another multi-phase arc I’d say the most important thing is to make sure it doesn’t feel too similar to Thanos, so ideally:  

not space/alien based    

not trying to kill/conquer/destroy large portions of the entire universe    

not trying to acquire and wield some huge collection of macguffins   

maybe not even a single super powerful individual     

Depending on the status of Sony and Fox relations at the time I could see drawing a bit from Dark Reign being cool, with Doom, Osborne, and maybe Namor/Frost/Sinister.  

Browsing over the Secret Invasion arc in the comics, it definitely sounds like there's some potential there for the MCU. Obviously I'm sure they wouldn't translate it completely from comics since it doesn't sound like they ever do that. But the concept has potential. 

3 hours ago, aabattery said:

It's terrible.

Depends on context.

Put it another way, say....say Tony Stark doesn't die in Avengers 4. RDJ sticks around in the MCU. But he takes a year or two break before he shows up again where he's been a retired superhero-now-supervisor whatever....and then we find out that Tony is a Skrull sleeper agent, he replaced him after A4. 

Considering CM is all about introducing the Skrulls into the MCU, I would be surprised if they're not planning on doing a variation of Secret Invasion in Phase 4. (Weirdly nobody is bringing up how this would be MCU playing the "fifth pillar" card again like they did with TWS and Hydra but w/e.) 

2 hours ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Kevin Feige is smart enough to not even consider secret invasion. I guess the MCU will go on with the remaining actors/heroes as pillars (BP, dr. Strange, GOTG, captain marvel, ant man ) and wait until the dust settles in regards to fox. If the MCU gets its hands on ff4 and the X-men then the MCU is set for another decade until a full reboot.

If we add Black Widow and Eternals (one is certain, the other seems possible) as the new Phase 4 franchises, add to that those sequels to stuff introduced in earlier Phases plus any team-up/Avengers joints....yeah they'll have their hands full and can wait until Phase 5 for the Fox stuff. 

3 hours ago, AJG said:

That idea sucked in the comics and will suck in live action.

To be fair Civil War the storyline was trash but MCU made that adaptation work anyway. Maybe that's why Mark Millar hated the movie? :hahaha: 

• Like 1

I think it's interesting to see certain people on the forums complain about the talk of Solow's box office in only it's second weekend when I see people continue to bring up a flop that came out all the way in November. I rarely see people complain about that dead horse being beaten. I can't feel sorry for Solow fans because they are hypocrites. They are only mad because a film that they were rooting for flopped. I was horribly hard on the DCU post BvS and will continue to be until they get their crap together but one thing that I loathe is hypocrisy and I see a lot of that from the entertainment media and some on forums like these. 

People are living in a land of make-believe if they think that high Rotten Tomatoes scores will save Star Wars from a potential downfall. The positive scores didn't save Solow and they didn't stop TLJ from getting mixed reviews from a paying audience. Face it, those scores only matter if the audience agrees. Also on the docket is LF/Disney stopping the massive bleeding internationally.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

I say it's not DC level because of the massive early success but it definitely isn't in a Marvel position either. It's in between those two franchises and episode 9 and the next spin-off will determine which direction it goes in. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I think it's interesting to see certain people on the forums complain about the talk of Solow's box office in only it's second weekend when I see people continue to bring up a flop that came out all the way in November. I rarely see people complain about that dead horse being beaten. I can't feel sorry for Solow fans because they are hypocrites. They are only mad because a film that they were rooting for flopped. I was horribly hard on the DCU post BvS and will continue to be until they get their crap together but one thing that I loathe is hypocrisy and I see a lot of that from the entertainment media and some on forums like these. 

People are living in a land of make-believe if they think that high Rotten Tomatoes scores will save Star Wars from a potential downfall. The positive scores didn't save Solow and they didn't stop TLJ from getting mixed reviews from a paying audience. Face it, those scores only matter if the audience agrees. Also on the docket is LF/Disney stopping the massive bleeding internationally.

Well I was the first one to bring up JL whrn there were complains on OW but it's really gotten tiresome. No one is intrested in recycling the same arguments over and over and over. There is nothing new to the TlJ talk every time it comes up. And it's gotter horribly boring.

Just because the mods made a mistake of not interviening early with DCU doesn't mean they need to make the same mistake.

Edited by FantasticBeasts

27 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

What Thanos is doing is so meta.

He literally punched Star Wars & the DCEU in the fucking face showing everybody who s boss.

:shades::rock:

Hmmm, Jim's still boss.

• Like 2