Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

4 hours ago, aabattery said:

How is that copying Birds of Prey? Cathy Yan and Chloe Zhao are different people, and from what I've seen The Eternals aren't really similar at all to what they're doing with BoP.

The basis of the joke is pretty clearly that Asian women are the same/interchangeable :/

I hate to be that guy, but you had a DCEU that cared for diversity when Zack Snyder was running things creatively. Wonder Woman and Cyborg had a release date before new Batman and Superman films, and directors Patty Jenkins, Rick Famuyiwa and James Wan were hired. People of color were cast to play originally white characters, Cyborg was meant to be the emotional core of the Justice League film, and there was significant improvement on how Lois Lane was traditionally portrayed.

None of you have the right to criticize lack of representation anymore, because when the white male-dominated, plagued by sexual assault allegations film blog community started a smear campaign to ruin that, you cheered and supported it. You helped replace Zack Snyder for the guy who made Rick Famuyiwa leave, who reduced Cyborg to a glorified cameo in JL, got rid of all of Kiersey Clemmons scenes, and added a scene of the Flash falling on Wonder Woman's breast.

You deserve those franchises that only use diversity for PR stunts and self-promotion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

If Marvel is doing any copying of DCEU with that uninteresting looking Percy Jackson/X Men clone, it's that they are building the movie around a very Wonder Woman-like character who isn't the main lead in CB by the look of it. But word has it that Sersi is now the lead and she just happens to be the daughter of Ancient Greek Eternals aka immortals and  just happens to choose to live among the mortals. Sounds familiar? Not that I believe that Disney will succeed in pushing WW aside and bestowing Sersi as the Marvel WW that's better than WW but it isn't out of realm of possibility that they would try. Disney doesn't seem to like any competition. if they could, they'd have complete monopoly over everything. 

Edited by Valonqar

The whole DCEU is a reaction to the MCU....We all know this....

But lets not pretend that despite their success, Marvel are monitoring what WB are doing. Civil War was a reaction to BVS announcement. The Russos confirmed this. Eternals is a reaction to New Gods too...I am expecting a green light for an all female girl group film as a reaction to Birds of Prey......

Even industry leaders have to copy homeworks from time to time...😎 Nothing wrong with that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

On 7/10/2018 at 11:52 AM, ChipMunky said:

In case anyone wanted the CURRENT superhero schedule, to the best of my knowledge.

Marvel - DC - Fox - Sony - Sony/Marvel

October 5, 2018 - Venom
December 14, 2018 - Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
December 21, 2018 - Aquaman

January 11, 2019 - Hellboy
February 14, 2018 - Dark Phoenix

March 8, 2019 - Captain Marvel
April 5, 2019 - Shazam!
May 3, 2019 - Untitled Avengers

June 7, 2019 - Gambit

June 7, 2019 - Untitled Fox/Marvel Film
July 5, 2019 - Spider-Man: Far From Home

August 2, 2019 - New Mutants
October 4, 2019 - Joker

November 1, 2019 - Wonder Woman 1984
November 22, 2019 - Untitled Fox/Marvel Film

February 7, 2020 - Birds of Prey
March 13, 2020 - Untitled Fox/Marvel Film
April 3, 2020 - Untitled DC Film
May 1, 2020 - Untitled Marvel Film

June 5, 2020 - Untitled DC Film
June 26, 2020 - Untitled Fox/Marvel Film
July 24, 2020 - Untitled DC Film

July 31, 2020 - Untitled Marvel Film
October 2, 2020 - Untitled Fox/Marvel Film

November 6, 2020 - Untitled Marvel Film

February 12, 2021 - Untitled Marvel Film

March 5, 2021 - Untitled Fox/Marvel Film

May 7, 2021 - Untitled Marvel Film

November 5, 2021 - Untitled Marvel Film

February 18, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Film

May 6, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Film

July 29, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Film

I removed the 02/14/20 date for the untitled DC film, as I'm assuming that's the spot BoP took. 

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 8:09 AM, Napoleon said:

I hate to be that guy, but you had a DCEU that cared for diversity when Zack Snyder was running things creatively. Wonder Woman and Cyborg had a release date before new Batman and Superman films, and directors Patty Jenkins, Rick Famuyiwa and James Wan were hired. People of color were cast to play originally white characters, Cyborg was meant to be the emotional core of the Justice League film, and there was significant improvement on how Lois Lane was traditionally portrayed.

None of you have the right to criticize lack of representation anymore, because when the white male-dominated, plagued by sexual assault allegations film blog community started a smear campaign to ruin that, you cheered and supported it. You helped replace Zack Snyder for the guy who made Rick Famuyiwa leave, who reduced Cyborg to a glorified cameo in JL, got rid of all of Kiersey Clemmons scenes, and added a scene of the Flash falling on Wonder Woman's breast.

You deserve those franchises that only use diversity for PR stunts and self-promotion.

Ratner was co-producing DC films when Snyder was still involved too lol. And we're talking about the dude who made Sucker Punch.

Also is it that much to ask that creators produce quality and diversity? I'd rather not have a Cyborg movie with a 7% RT score tbh.

Edited by Rebeccas

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:22 PM, aabattery said:

How is that copying Birds of Prey? Cathy Yan and Chloe Zhao are different people, and from what I've seen The Eternals aren't really similar at all to what they're doing with BoP.

Well so far Marvel's model has been to do what DC's doing but you know, make sure the final product isn't a mess and then make more money out of it.

19 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Well so far Marvel's model has been to do what DC's doing but you know, make sure the final product isn't a mess and then make more money out of it.

So you saying they really are running out of ideas?....

3 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Well at this point they've mined into most of their D-list characters so probably. That's the thing about success - if you make everything a hit, then where's left to go?

Makes sense....Marvel are starting to remind me of SONY PlayStation. Those guys would shamelessly copy stuff from NINTENDO when ever they felt like it....

They have failed to cast a new Tony. BP didn't make big bucks thanks to T'Challa for sure. It was supporting cast + Wakanda that drew the most praise and appeal. But none of Spidey, Ant Man, Wasp, CM, Strange, BP leads has RDJ/Tony's effortless star power. they are all Evans/Hemsworths which is fine in its own right, but MCU owes RDJ/Tony charisma a lot. They have no one like that going forward. And that may cause a small problem, not a big one but you know. 

Edited by Valonqar

1 hour ago, Rebeccas said:

qhkvsbO.gif

I’d love to see the list of what, apart from Civil War inspiration, did marvel do. 

I didnt know that the cinematic universe, first sh team up movie, GotG, Black Panther, etc was all inspired by DC. 

38 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Well at this point they've mined into most of their D-list characters so probably. That's the thing about success - if you make everything a hit, then where's left to go?

Sure, Marvel with their library of thousands of characters have run out of stories and characters after only using a handful of them. Sure

:rofl: seriously? do u have any clue just how many CBM characters there are? 

Edited by ZeeSoh

Horror franchises still alive

Star Wars Spinoffs are dead

Marvel can’t bomb

Predator and Pacific Rim are dead

kids franchises brought back to life after Despicable Me 3 was the biggest children’s film, Coco was sucessful, but Cars 3 was a  dud in 2017.