Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

The Snydercut of BvS didn't save that terrible film and any Snydercut of JL won't save it. Snyder is incapable of making a crowd pleaser because of his Ayn Rand objectivist obsessions and his love of a 13 year old's idea of grim n gritty.  I thank the film gods everyday that he is just a producer of the DC films now. He needs to be making Zombie stuff instead, that's more his speed. I don't care if the Snydercut ever comes out.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Just realized that sometime pretty soon, more than a third of the WW Top 20 will be MCU. 

As you too seem to like to look into charts incl ww, and a lot here seem to miss those possibilities as The-Numbers.com

Just in case you do not know:

the sortable chart under the dom graph I like a lot as it includes also ww, years, and adj. dom as well - something in my POV BOM is missing.

https://www.the-numbers.com/movies/franchises

vs

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/

Only the movie count per franchise at numbers can be confusing as the add announced / future releases too, if I'd create one of those, I'd add a 2nd column for future releases.

11 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

- snip -

Earnestly surprised?

Its already the highest earning franchise in dom (incl adjusted) and ww. In ww its nearing to double the 2nd highest earning franchise (Star Wars) in May/June .... even if only for some months. It has quite some more movies than nearly all other franchises, but Bond still has 1 more released

6 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Just realized that sometime pretty soon, more than a third of the WW Top 20 will be MCU. 

After Endgame, it will have 5 out of top 10 WW, 4 of which would be the Avengers movies. I think that is far more impressive 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, terrestrial said:

As you too seem to like to look into charts incl ww, and a lot here seem to miss those possibilities as The-Numbers.com

Just in case you do not know:

the sortable chart under the dom graph I like a lot as it includes also ww, years, and adj. dom as well - something in my POV BOM is missing.

https://www.the-numbers.com/movies/franchises

vs

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/

Only the movie count per franchise at numbers can be confusing as the add announced / future releases too, if I'd create one of those, I'd add a 2nd column for future releases.

Who is more legit because The Numbers, Mojo and Wikipedia all have different shit

For example: Spider-Verse not being considered apart of the Spider-Man franchise according to TN but to Mojo it is. Wikipedia meanwhile considers Venom apart of it meanwhile Mojo and TN don't

13 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

The Snydercut of BvS didn't save that terrible film and any Snydercut of JL won't save it. Snyder is incapable of making a crowd pleaser because of his Ayn Rand objectivist obsessions and his love of a 13 year old's idea of grim n gritty.  I thank the film gods everyday that he is just a producer of the DC films now. He needs to be making Zombie stuff instead, that's more his speed. I don't care if the Snydercut ever comes out.

With BVS, it was an extended cut. He delivered a 3-hour film that he felt couldn't be cut any shorter, but the studio still demanded a 2 and a half hour film. They reached a deal to cut 30 minutes out of it for the theatrical release, but WB still committed to release the 3-hour cut on home video.

With JL it's a completely different situation. Snyder finished shooting an entire film that would probably end with another 2 and a half hour running time, if not another 3 hours. But the theatrical cut of Justice League had only about 1 hour or less of that original footage. The rest was Joss Whedon's reshoots. It was probably between 90 to 120 minutes cut, as opposed to 30 minutes of BVS.

The Snyder cut wouldn't have: 

- Childish jokes

- Sexist humor

- Weird looking Superman

- Cringe acting

- Ugly cinematography

- Awful looking third act

- Rushed, unfinished CGI work

- Generic villain

Basically all that's criticized about this movie was added by Joss Whedon.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, poweranimals said:

Any idea how long the Captain Marvel thread will remain closed?

from this moment acc to DeeCee's post there: around 12.5 hours

Do you ask bcs of the couple of new TV-Spots that got released?

A franchise war thread

Star wars is the franchise king for western audiences. Only franchise film here with a movies in the top 20 adjusted. 5 movies actually, thats unreal and shows it stands the test of time. 

Right now Marvel is the franchise king worldwide with a larger chunk of pie coming from non western audiences.

So it's a tricky one

Edited by Theprophet
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Theprophet said:

A franchise war thread

Star wars is the franchise king for western audiences. Only franchise film here with a movies in the top 20 adjusted. 5 movies actually, thats unreal and shows it stands the test of time. 

Right now Marvel is the franchise king worldwide with a larger chunk of pie coming from non western audiences.

So it's a tricky one

Avatar franchise average ww gross is $2.78b and about to rise

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/20/2019 at 10:26 PM, Warmaster506 said:

The shit that has been thrown at DC fans will come back to Marvel/Disney fans eventually.  I'm glad Aquaman curbed MPR. Hell even James Wan talked about it.  

DC/WB aren't taking Disney's shit anymore.  Disney will have their record year this year and Marvel will have their swan song but from here on out the fight is going to be much closer. 

You mean like how the DC fans talked shit for years before The Avengers? SHH's batman boards were basically unreadable.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

You mean like how the DC fans talked shit for years before The Avengers? SHH's batman boards were basically unreadable.

What's hilarious is DC fans and Marvel fans all watch marvel movies, and they will all watch DC movies when they get back on tract with quality too. Its literally Comic book fans arguing amongst themselves.