Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

How many DC-themed shows (and on how many different networks) are there on right now? I've lost count.

(inhales)

The CW:

Arrow

Flash

Supergirl

Legends of Tomorrow

Black Lightning

Batwoman (coming soon)

Fox:

Gotham

Epix:

Pennyworth (coming soon)

Syfy:

Krypton

Cartoon Network:

Teen Titans Go!

DC Super Hero Girls

DCU:

Titans

Young Justice

Doom Patrol

Swamp Thing (coming soon)

Harley Quinn: The Animated Series (coming soon)

Stargirl (coming soon)

HBO:

Watchmen (coming soon)

There was also a DC nbc work place comedy with Danny Pudi and Alan Tudyck called Powerless in 2017, but that got cancelled. CBS is working on a Secret Six show, but that's probably not gonna happen since Suicide Squad 2 started revving up again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

(inhales)

The CW:

Arrow

Flash

Supergirl

Legends of Tomorrow

Black Lightning

Batwoman (coming soon)

Fox:

Gotham

Epix:

Pennyworth (coming soon)

Syfy:

Krypton

Cartoon Network:

Teen Titans Go!

DC Super Hero Girls

DCU:

Titans

Young Justice

Doom Patrol

Stargirl (coming soon)

HBO:

Watchmen (coming soon)

There was also a DC nbc work place comedy with Danny Pudi and Alan Tudyck called Powerless in 2017, but that got cancelled. CBS is working on a Secret Six show, but that's probably not gonna happen since Suicide Squad 2 started revving up again.

And no Static Shock smh.

• Sad 1

Can’t wait for these shows ,Stargirl and Stripe behind her!

I loved titans and Doom Patrol starts in Canada on Tuesday so I’m really excited for it also, heard so many great things.

Also super excited for watchmen on hbo! 

Edited by cax16
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TMP said:

(inhales)

The CW:

Arrow

Flash

Supergirl

Legends of Tomorrow

Black Lightning

Batwoman (coming soon)

Fox:

Gotham

Epix:

Pennyworth (coming soon)

Syfy:

Krypton

Cartoon Network:

Teen Titans Go!

DC Super Hero Girls

DCU:

Titans

Young Justice

Doom Patrol

Stargirl (coming soon)

HBO:

Watchmen (coming soon)

And people complain about the oversaturation of live-action Disney remakes. Yeesh. I only watch/will watch like 5 or 6 of those.

Edited by filmlover

Doom Patrol is the only one currently airing that I watch. Good show.

HBO's Watchmen is gonna be incredible if it's anywhere near as good as Lindelof's last show. More excited for that than all the superhero films this year sans Endgame.

Stargirl costume looks good. Great supporting cast with Joel McHale and Luke Wilson, but I'm iffy on Johns show-runnning. Really like the Swamp Thing comics, but I wish he was debuting in live action with that Del Toro JL Dark film instead of on TV.

The Disney+ Marvel shows sound very expensive. Unsure on the show-runners

Just now, TMP said:

Doom Patrol is the only one currently airing that I watch. Good show.

HBO's Watchmen is gonna be incredible if it's anywhere near as good as Lindelof's last show. More excited for that than all the superhero films this year sans Endgame.

Stargirl costume looks good. Great supporting cast with Joel McHale and Luke Wilson, but I'm iffy on Johns show-runnning. Really like the Swamp Thing comics, but I wish he was debuting in live action with that Del Toro JL Dark film instead of on TV.

The Disney+ Marvel shows sound very expensive. Unsure on the show-runners

I’ll most probably be canceling Netflix to get Disney+ once those shows come out and it comes to Canada. 

• Astonished 1

3 hours ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

Thanos gets the last stone, snaps his finger, and leaves. THEN...Captain America GETS BACK UP, like nothing happened 😂!  

giphy.gif

FarFrailChipmunk-size_restricted.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, cax16 said:

Can’t wait for these shows ,Stargirl and Stripe behind her!

I loved titans and Doom Patrol starts in Canada on Tuesday so I’m really excited for it also, heard so many great things.

Also super excited for watchmen on hbo! 

Thought they got Miley to play her for a second

• Like 1

So many DC shows and what 5 are good? Wow

Thanos has absolute control of his body, no question he can control level of power. Even hulk can somewhat, Thanos has 10x the precision. That was a weak hulk. Imagine world breaker hulk. Without gauntlet way different fight. 

Edited by cdsacken

11 hours ago, chuck0 said:

yeah, the whole "kidnap your wife and lock her up for a few hours" thing would not really fly nowadays. Not quite sure i remember it correctly, but i think she does get to hit him a few times afterwards?

yes....

I think I didn't file it then under sexist bcs of the sum, not per focusing too closley onto one scene or another.

In the end she did get her licks, and they even ended as a pair of spys having fun causing chaos

9 hours ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

Thanos, with one stone, beats down The Hulk like a walk in the park. At the end of the movie, Thanos is in Wakanda, with 5 stones, punching an unhelmeted Captain America in the head.

Thanos gets the last stone, snaps his finger, and leaves. THEN...Captain America GETS BACK UP, like nothing happened 😂!  

If Thanos is powerful enough to pound Hulk unconscious, you can imagine what other beings he could crush! 

1. Thanos was impressed by CA, I am pretty sure he didn't want to kill him. CAs endurance / strength moved him, one of the very few situations he did show some reactions.

2. Was it CA???? I think he was, but I have read some pretty funny theories about him being in that moment not CA, but a Skrull mimiking him instead. And those can take more.

3. Or he might have some Kree blood infused into him for whatever reason. Then he would not be dead neither. Kree blood brings ppl back from the verge to death at least (Fury, Coulson, CM, plus seemingly whoever in the TV-series Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.), and helps being nearly indestructable.

What could be a weak point of CM in the long run, e.g. she might burn through it or....

Just now, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Yeah, as much as it is ok to suspend disbelief for all these fantasy film, the internal logic of Thanos easily beating Hulk, and yet not literally pulverizing Steve with that punch was all kinds of fucked up. 

Superhero movies have always struggled with power criteria. 

Sometimes a Superhero destroys a planet and sometime he can't even win over street villian. 

It's all about writing and creative liberty. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matthew said:

Superhero movies have always struggled with power criteria. 

Sometimes a Superhero destroys a planet and sometime he can't even win over street villian. 

It's all about writing and creative liberty. 

I think the intent of Marvel was to somehow prop up Steve as this paragon of strong-willed virtue and to convey that the human spirit is stronger than any superpower or whatever. Even against a cosmic deity.

Meh.

It still was a ridiculously fucked up internal logic misstep in an otherwise awesome movie.

4 hours ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

oh my god are you losers actually complaining about minor plotholes and power levels

That's a very good argument, but ponder this. Is there a character that could EVER defeat Uchiha Madara? And I'm not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I'm not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I'm not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano'o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu. I’m also not talking about Kono Yo no Kyuseishu Futarime no Rikudo Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan (which is capable of Enton Amaterasu, Izanagi, Izanami and the Tsyukuyomi Genjutsu), his two original Rinnegan (which grant him Chikushodo, Shurado, Tendo, Ningendo, Jigokudo, Gakido, Gedo, Bansho Ten’in, Chibaku Tensei, Shinra Tensei, Tengai Shinsei and Banbutsu Sozo) and a third Tomoe Rinnegan on his forehead, capable of using Katon, Futon, Raiton, Doton, Suiton, Mokuton, Ranton, Inton, Yoton and even Onmyoton Jutsu, equipped with his Gunbai (capable of using Uchihagaeshi) and a Shakujo because he is a master in kenjutsu and taijutsu, a perfect Susano’o (that can use Yasaka no Magatama ), control of both the Juubi and the Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA and face implanted on his chest, his four Rinbo Hengoku Clones guarding him and nine Gudodama floating behind him AFTER he absorbed Senjutsu from the First Hokage, entered Rikudo Senjutsu Mode, cast Mugen Tsukuyomi on everybody and used Shin: Jukai Kotan so he can use their Chakra while they are under Genjutsu.

• Haha 6