Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

On 5/28/2019 at 4:46 PM, TMP said:

You say that like it's a bad thing. I'm sure many members on this site would be delighted at that prospect.

And they'll scream for you to be threadbanned if you say otherwise. 

On 5/30/2019 at 7:37 AM, JonathanLB said:

It's even more ridiculous to try to make Black Panther -- a freakin' Marvel movie about as deep as a puddle -- into some big social justice moment where black people finally were "allowed" to act or something. Oh wow, people went to see a movie with BLACK PEOPLE, this is a watershed moment for society! Holy shit I mean I'm only 36, but where were these people when Independence Day ruled the summer box office? Everyone in my class saw that movie at least once or twice in theaters. We didn't go see it for Jeff Goldblum, as much as I love him, and I didn't see MIB for Tommy Lee Jones, either. I saw it for Will Smith, as did most people. It's like I'm living in crazy town, some alternate reality where no movie starring black people has ever succeeded at the box office, and Black Panther was the first. It's absolutely asinine and frankly completely laughable from a film history perspective because it's factually just wrong. It wasn't unique in any way whatsoever.

Notice that these same "social justice warriors" here, elsewhere online, and in real life don't give a crap about hyping up the new "Shaft" movie - despite its black cast, black director, and many black crew members. They're a bunch of a sickening hypocrites and I'll be damned to be lectured about morality from such a group.

Edited by I Am
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, I Am said:

Notice that these same "social justice warriors" here, elsewhere online, and in real life don't give a crap about hyping up the "Shaft" movie - despite its black cast, black director, and many black crew members. They're a bunch of a sickening hypocrites and I'll be damned to be lectured about morality from such a group.

That was a quote from a old message.

But there is a difference from a black lead movie (specially in a colorblind cast type role) and a full on black assemble a la Black Panther, Coming to America being a better precedent than Will Smith blockbusters, everybody knew about long history of big blockbuster with a black male protagonist, assemble being rarer (and to young for some to remember that Eddy Murphy was once arguably the biggest movie star in the world and did black assemble movie that were giant blockbuster worldwide).

Has for choosing what is hyped by the Internet hyper (I remember the director of the female produced/written/directed/assemble Rough Night talking about not feeling any support she saw some other project get), I think it is not totally unfair for them to want to see more than just presentation to go out "burning" support, can you have impact if you do it every month all the time

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

That was a quote from a old message.

But there is a difference from a black lead movie (specially in a colorblind cast type role) and a full on black assemble a la Black Panther, Coming to America being a better precedent than Will Smith blockbusters, everybody knew about long history of big blockbuster with a black male protagonist, assemble being rarer (and to young for some to remember that Eddy Murphy was once arguably the biggest movie star in the world and did black assemble movie that were giant blockbuster worldwide).

Has for choosing what is hyped by the Internet hyper (I remember the director of the female produced/written/directed/assemble Rough Night talking about not feeling any support she saw some other project get),

Sorry, I don't quite understand what you're saying... but I think I'm in agreement? Except I'm referring to the upcoming Shaft movie, not the previous one.

I think it is not totally unfair for them to want to see more than just presentation to go out "burning" support, can you have impact if you do it every month all the time

If you're saying here what I think you're saying, then yes - I expect "them" to keep up the same level of facade they giddied themselves for when "Black Panther" was hitting theaters. Otherwise, they're just showing they're a bunch of easily manipulated hypocrites (which comes as no surprise to me.)

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, I Am said:

If you're saying here what I think you're saying, then yes - I expect "them" to keep up the same level of facade they giddied themselves for when "Black Panther" was hitting theaters.

It is arguably normal for a 250m+ movies made to appeal for the world to generate more enthusiasm and support than a small budget among many others.

There was many black assemble cast/production this year's like every year, that was really not what was special about Black Panther.

3 minutes ago, I Am said:

Sorry, I don't quite understand what you're saying..

Normal (English is a second language here), I am just saying that there is major difference between Black Panther or a Coming to America and the Men In Black / Independance Day type of blockbuster.

6 minutes ago, Barnack said:

It is arguably normal for a 250m+ movies made to appeal for the world to generate more enthusiasm and support than a small budget among many others.

There was many black assemble cast/production this year's like every year, that was really not what was special about Black Panther.

Normal (English is a second language here), I am just saying that there is major difference between Black Panther or a Coming to America and the Men In Black / Independance Day type of blockbuster.

My dude, just ignore the angry racists

6 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

My dude, just ignore the angry racists

Actually, I would prefer that non-black people like you would stay out of my people's business and quit trying to patronize us like we're retarded children who need you to teach us how to walk, take a piss, and tie our shoes. 

Especially when your "interest" is a complete and entire facade and you're only doing it for social acceptance.

EDIT: Unlike the rest the social justice pretenders, I am excited for and will be supporting Tim Story and the black cast of the new Shaft movie on opening weekend in two weeks, while you patronizers sit on the Internet and chastise people for not being as fake as you are. How ironic.

Edited by I Am
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

Phew what the fuck is this thread right now. In other news my Brazzers membership literally stopped working while I was watching a new movie and I didn't even get to see the climax

Edited by iHeartJames
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, I Am said:

Actually, I would prefer that non-black people like you would stay out of my people's business and quit trying to patronize us like we're retarded children who need you to teach us how to walk, take a piss, and tie our shoes. 

Especially when your "interest" is a complete and entire facade and you're only doing it for social acceptance.

EDIT: Unlike the rest the social justice pretenders, I am excited for and will be supporting Tim Story and the black cast of the new Shaft movie on opening weekend in two weeks, while you patronizers sit on the Internet and chastise people for not being as fake as you are. How ironic.

I’m black. 

I hope Shaft will do well but personally it doesn’t interest me, though I’ll likely see it just like Madea doesn’t. Black Panther was the first time we have had an $100M+ budgeted film with an all black cast. But what do I know, you probably have tons of “black friends” to justify you.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I’m black. 

I hope Shaft will do well but personally it doesn’t interest me, though I’ll likely see it just like Madea doesn’t. Black Panther was the first time we have had an $100M+ budgeted film with an all black cast. But what do I know, you probably have tons of “black friends” to justify you.

I should rephrase my quote from earlier and say that while we don't need to be patronized like stupid little children, there are many of us who, unfortunately, happily will bend over for white "acceptance."

"Black Panther" was a $100+ million film, because it was a Marvel Cinematic Universe film first and a Disney film second. The marketing for the movie - convincing black folks there have never been any "black" movies, so we absolutely need to give Disney's completely non-black executives and board of directors a billion dollars for "empowerment" - was more outstanding than the movie itself was.

"Shaft" doesn't interest you, and most of the community (no one is talking about it,) because it doesn't have quwhite (not a typo) have -the same level of pre-approved hype from those who did got their "social justice warrior" sticker for seeing a "black" movie (lmfao) last year, and have moved on to the next group that "needs" their patronization.

Edited by I Am
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, I Am said:

I should rephrase my quote from earlier and say that while we don't need to be patronized like stupid little children, there are many of us who, unfortunately, happily will bend over for white "acceptance."

"Black Panther" was a $100+ million film, because it was a Marvel Cinematic Universe film first and a Disney film second. The marketing for the movie - convincing black folks there have never been any "black" movies, so we absolutely need to give Disney's completely non-black executives and board of directors a billion dollars for "empowerment" - was more outstanding than the movie itself was.

"Shaft" doesn't interest you, and most of the community (no one is talking about it,) because it doesn't have quwhite (not a typo) have -the same level of pre-approved hype from those who did got their "social justice warrior" sticker for seeing a "black" movie (lmfao) last year, and have moved on to the next group that "needs" their patronization.

They did the same for Captain Marvel with women.

20th MCU film has a female lead and they have the audacity to market it as female empowerment.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

4 hours ago, I Am said:

Hmm..I like this one..

4 hours ago, I Am said:

Yes it's a shocker that an MCU film would get more hype and viewage than a mid budget comedy sequel. Can you name any other films with a $200M budget that has a primarily black cast?

13 minutes ago, Hades said:

Hmm..I like this one..

Well of course you do since it's criticising Disney. Do you feel the same about WB who promoted WW as a huge female event despite making 6 Superman and 7 Batman films before making one Wonder Woman film?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, I Am said:

r/asablackman