Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Overall I’m just excited we get all these different comic book movies as I truly love them all. I’m obviously a bigger DC fan but marvel has done such a fantastic job with their universe that I’m always excited to hear what feige has planned next.

With regards to actual hype I don’t think DC can match marvel at this time. Just look at trailer views etc from Black Widow, this week, they’re pretty massive. DC trailers can’t come close to those views/likes that marvel achieves so for DC it’s more of a movie to movie basis for hype and see how it goes from there.

Aquaman didn’t have massive trailer views or likes and it was pretty big ( massive overseas) where as Joker had much higher trailer views and likes and will finish under Aquaman WW. I understand it’s a different movie with a different rating but I’m just saying. 

Next for DC is BOP which again doesn’t have big hype, pretty meh trailer views and likes etc, so we’ll see how it plays out box office wise after it releases. We’ll see what WB does for marketing that with the R rating. 

2 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Overall I’m just excited we get all these different comic book movies as I truly love them all. I’m obviously a bigger DC fan but marvel has done such a fantastic job with their universe that I’m always excited to hear what feige has planned next.

With regards to actual hype I don’t think DC can match marvel at this time. Just look at trailer views etc from Black Widow, this week, they’re pretty massive. DC trailers can’t come close to those views/likes that marvel achieves so for DC it’s more of a movie to movie basis for hype and see how it goes from there.

Aquaman didn’t have massive trailer views or likes and it was pretty big ( massive overseas) where as Joker had much higher trailer views and likes and will finish under Aquaman WW. I understand it’s a different movie with a different rating but I’m just saying. 

Next for DC is BOP which again doesn’t have big hype, pretty meh trailer views and likes etc, so we’ll see how it plays out box office wise after it releases. We’ll see what WB does for marketing that with the R rating. 

That’s because Aquaman made a lot of money in China, where Joker was never released. Still, trailer views are by no means an indicator of how successful a movie will be. 

28 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Will be watching before bed. No spoilers but does it top episodes 6 and 7 for you? 

Somehow... someway... it did. Keep in mind, the Manhattan issue of Watchmen is my favorite comic issue of all time, so that might have painted my judgement, but this really was an emotional, poignant hour of television. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Honestly who cares both Marvel and DC will dominate the 2020s unless something else unexpected pops up. Other than Avatar of course. 

The Time has come... for a new Protagonist. The time has come... for a new kind of mission.

10 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

For a show that essentially requires you to have read the comic to understand anything about the plot the Watchmen show sure does fundamentally misunderstand a lot of the themes of the original comic. Particularly Veidt.

I think you misunderstood the original text. Maybe something like Netflix's Iron Fist is more to your tastes.

5 hours ago, cdsacken said:

I am worried a lot about BOP and FLASH. The rest look solid. Pumped about Batman. I think you have to take risks to make it work.

Its funny you said that but the only superhero movie that actually looks interesting and risky (relative to other superhero films) gets you the most worried.

4 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Its funny you said that but the only superhero movie that actually looks interesting and risky (relative to other superhero films) gets you the most worried.

I get why you feel that way. To me it just looks cheezy and stupid.

8 hours ago, TMP said:

I think you misunderstood the original text. Maybe something like Netflix's Iron Fist is more to your tastes.

No it's actually great how Veidt, who's most iconic scene in the comics is how he doesn't see himself as a villain and doesn't make a big villainous monologue before his plan is complete, does that exact goddamn thing in the show.

It's so great how despite other HBO shows having fully CG Polar Bears and dragons, Doctor Manhattan only has slightly more covincing makeup than the CW version of Braniac.

latest?cb=20190103124604

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Knock It Off 1

31 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

No it's actually great how Veidt, who's most iconic scene in the comics is how he doesn't see himself as a villain and doesn't make a big villainous monologue before his plan is complete, does that exact goddamn thing in the show.

It's so great how despite other HBO shows having fully CG Polar Bears and dragons, Doctor Manhattan only has slightly more covincing makeup than the CW version of Braniac.

latest?cb=20190103124604

1. Veidt doesn't give a villainous monologue in this show, unless you mean his letter to the game warden? If so, I don't see how that fits either.

2. Manhattan looked fine, and I'd rather have a show with great writing/directing and occasionally "fine" VFX (even though Looking Glass' entire mask is CG and looks seamless) than something that looks expensive but has sub-par writing, directing and acting like The Mandalorian or a number of other big genre shows.

Edited by TMP

8 minutes ago, TMP said:

1. Veidt doesn't give a villainous monologue in this show, unless you mean his letter to the game warden? If so, I don't see how that fits either.

2. Manhattan looked fine, and I'd rather have a show with great writing/directing and occasionally "fine" VFX (even though Looking Glass' entire mask is CG and looks seamless) than something that looks expensive but has sub-par writing, directing and acting like The Mandalorian or a number of other big genre shows.

They had no problem with the Squid, I don't see why Manhattan had to look like a guy who got lost on the way to a pride parade.

As for Veidt:

6 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

They had no problem with the Squid, I don't see why Manhattan had to look like a guy who got lost on the way to a pride parade.

As for Veidt:

Instructional video ≠ villainous monologue