Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

9 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

The legend continues.....

Shivampa/Manhunt/Matthew/MadmenEndgame/richtmancharles/GrandierHorror/Legionofdoom/Grace  - 

Permnently Banned  for  trolling multiple threads and creating a duplicate account.

add one more to that. Hima. Just banned that too :P

• Haha 8

3 hours ago, ChipMunky said:

I roll my eyes so hard when I visit this forum...

anyway

WB wasn’t won the year since 2014, and DC hasn’t won the year since 2008.

2020 will change both of those.

In all fairness your fandom is pretty insane. It might win 2020 but I doubt it. I think birds of prey may flop hard. Hopefully not

7 minutes ago, dudalb said:

And your statement that "other franchsises did not matter" ir just pure wrong. COmparasions..particularly with the other big CBM universe, the MCU sure as hell mattered to Warners management.

I was actually thinking about other franchises not doing as well (including other Warner franchises) but you have been franchisewarring for years now about MarvelvDC so of course it was the only other example you could think of. Obviously the success of WW had zero effect on your rants at the time or now.

7 hours ago, Grace said:

Weird isn't. Fanboys shit on Black Widow for months saying WW84 will completely obliterate this movie and now that they have seen the reception they are back-pedaling by saying WW has completely different audience. 

Wonder Woman trailer didn't even trend like Black Widow. 

I predict both BW and WW84 will be big hits,and make Disney and Warners stockholders happy.

And I continue to say the Marvel vs DC feud is really,really, dumb. I note Marvel Studios and DC Studios do not indulge in this stupidity. They compete, sure, but they don't indulge in a childish feud.

Someday, there is going to be DC/Marvel crossover film and cause lot of the most militant fanboys to have go just plain nuts.

1 hour ago, Wonder89 said:

That first comparison is not good as the 7 day period does not capture the peak of Black Widow's search interest. Second one is also flawed as Mulan was releasing it's second trailer vs WW's first.

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wonder89 said:

The trailer song made the difference, lol. 

And tbf, that's the most memorable aspect for me too. The song and the editing of the trailer to it was phenomenal. 

16 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

As to the 1st link, it’s a complete joke. The 7 day interval misses the BW trailer coming out 😛   

Try this: https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 1-m&q=wonder woman,black widow   

WW84 peaking at about half of BW, roughly in line with likes, views, etc. 

You're right about 7-day missing BW peak.

But 30-day misses WW peak... :Gaga:

Wait for tomorrow then use 30-day. It would be nice if GoogleTrends updated faster.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Pretty much agree.I would not guarantee one billion, but think both will do very well and end up in the same general gross range.

Oh gosh no way too early. That's just my early hunch.

Both I suspect will make good money.

1 hour ago, Menor said:

That first comparison is not good as the 7 day period does not capture the peak of Black Widow's search interest. Second one is also flawed as Mulan was releasing it's second trailer vs WW's first.

Gotta love how that comparison omitted the day when BW teaser released. :lol:

On 12/8/2019 at 9:57 PM, TMP said:

Somehow... someway... it did. Keep in mind, the Manhattan issue of Watchmen is my favorite comic issue of all time, so that might have painted my judgement, but this really was an emotional, poignant hour of television. 

Haven't had the time to respond to this since I watched but just wanted to say we are in agreement on this being a poignant episode, the best of the season in that regard. I can't quite place it above episode 6 because Hooded Justice's origin really is that good but it's right up there as well. 

• Thanks 1