grim22

Ocean's Eight | June 8, 2018 | WB | Gary Ross directing, Bullock, Blanchett, Hathaway, Rihanna, Bonham Carter, Kaling, Paulson and Awkwafina. Social Media Embargo up

Weird, I thought the first trailer was lifeless. This one was better to me. I will never get over how shitty girls trip trailer was and how phenomenal/funny the movie ended up being. So, I'll be seeing this regardless of if this movies reviews are tepid or not. I really like the cast.

1 hour ago, MrPink said:

The heist seems kinda dull

tumblr_mnix9uFPbd1qm0y0ho1_500.gif

42 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Love Bullock but I just can't bring myself to care about the MET Gala. 

anna(1).gif

I'm so in.  This will do very well with its target audience, and be a nice bit of counter-programming after May's schedule.  I'm also *fingers crossed don't fuck this up WB marketing* REALLY EXCITED for them to kick off the press tour/media blitz at the actual Met Gala on the first Monday in May.  I want the whole cast there for Anna's Heavenly Bodies Trainwreck.  (I do agree with some that the first trailer was better, but I always think teaser trailers are better.)

Man my wavelength must be off from a lot of folks here, as I dug the trailer.  It just had that Ocean's vibe I remember from the 90s.  Music was on point, jokes were good, and I liked the setup.  Characters seemed interesting as well.  The "How long did it take you to figure all of this out?" line was especially well executed.

And as if it matters, like that they set up immediately that this is a sequel to all of the other films just to get that argument out of the way.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The budget is apparently $70m according to Scott Mendelson which is pretty good considering the starry cast.

Eh, I doubt anyone besides Bullock and maybe Hathaway were capable of commanding very much. This is more a sum of its parts makes it an all star ensemble, rather than each individual is an all star. 

• Like 1