CJohn

Creed 2 | Nov 21 2018 | Steven Caple to direct. Production begins March

41 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

Wonder if steven caple springs a surprise like Ryan Coogler! This genuinely looks like Sly has another shot at nominations

Doubt there will be any nominations for this.

• Like 2

Creed-gameplay.png?fit=1024,576&ssl=1

So, I was watching Sony's E3 aftershow when they showed a sizzle reel of Playstation VR games, and one of them was Creed: Rise to Glory -- it was revealed in March but it's the first time I've heard about it. It is, simply put, a Virtual Reality boxing game.

If the game releases around the time of Creed 2, it certainly couldn't hurt the game's sales; I feel like a technical showcase such as this could only help. This is smart on MGM's part.

Edited by Slambros

Coogler is still producing, and the cast is still there. However, I feel that Ludwig is a perfect choice as a composer for the film. I'm not saying he's the best composer in the business, but his style perfectly meshes with the vibe of South Philly. I just wish we knew who was doing the soundtrack to get me fully on board. 

Edited by ThePhasmid

26 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Is this thing going to get derailed by the Stallone news? Maybe Christopher Plummer is still available.

If you're talking about the "accusation" and investigation, I doubt it.  There doesn't seem to be enough momentum behind it.  "Under investigation" still does not necessarily equate to guilt.  This is not a situation like Spacey or Weinstein with multiple priors...yet. 

Is this the same allegation that he denied last year? If it is I seriously doubt it has anything to stand on. In fact unless this person has proof to back up her claim Sly already has his ex-wife coming to his defense. So no I don't think this is going to go any further than it already has.

Meh, why they took a serious drama , like the first creed was, and inserted huge elements from the Reagan-era propaganda that was rocky 4 I have no idea. Both creed and rocky balboa were great , why return to shit like Ivan drago ?

14 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Meh, why they took a serious drama , like the first creed was, and inserted huge elements from the Reagan-era propaganda that was rocky 4 I have no idea. Both creed and rocky balboa were great , why return to shit like Ivan drago ?

Because the main story in "Creed" (like :Rocky") pretty much told  the story of those charecters, and you have to turn what was serious drama into an action film to have a sequel.

25 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Drago killed his dad, mercilessly, in the ring while on enhanced steroids. 

From a narrative perspective it makes logical sense. "Huge elements of Reagan-era propaganda" are to be determined. At this point you are overreacting on that matter. 

Looking forward to the teaser drop tomorrow!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Craig said:

Drago killed his dad, mercilessly, in the ring while on enhanced steroids. 

From a narrative perspective it makes logical sense. "Huge elements of Reagan-era propaganda" are to be determined. At this point you are overreacting on that matter. 

Looking forward to the teaser drop tomorrow!

To each his own, drago was a cartoony villain tailor-made for the Reagan era films that Stallone was making at that time (and which, to his credit, Arnie despite being a hardcore republican , mostly avoided) that has no relevance with the tone of both rocky balboa and creed. I guess it’s banking of nostalgia and they wanted a creed 2 but were out of original ideas about it.

I don't deny that Drago of Rocky 4 was portrayed in a satirical manner. 

I'm responding to the matter of which you think his inclusion in Creed 2 is forced, silly, wrong...take your pick. Your statement left a specific tone ambiguous except that you didn't approve. That much was certain.

How the Drago's will be portrayed now after the passage of time could be a wildcard.