CJohn

Creed 2 | Nov 21 2018 | Steven Caple to direct. Production begins March

33 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

The five films thing isn't as bad as it sounds. Second Act and Robin Hood are pretty much locked for low numbers. Probably Marwen too. That just leaves Ralph, which isn't direct competition at all. The bigger issue is that all of November and December in general are stacked. 

Keep in mind last Thanksgiving's slate was once the following:

Chappaquiddick

Coco

Molly's Game

Polaroid

Only one of those stayed. Stuff is bound to move.

Good teaser btw

Edited by WrathOfHan

42 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

The five films thing isn't as bad as it sounds. Second Act and Robin Hood are pretty much locked for low numbers. Probably Marwen too. That just leaves Ralph, which isn't direct competition at all. The bigger issue is that all of November and December in general are stacked. 

Yeah looking at the thanksgiving slate doesn’t five much competiton. I don’t think Fantastic Beasts/Wreck it Ralph is direct competiton either. But Widows and other adult/prestige films that are probably expanding on thanksgiving will take some of its audience. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

Looks alright I guess. Not really sure the hiding Drago jr tactic was a good idea. Dude they've got playing him looks intimidating as hell and just showing he's up against that guy would really drive home the high stakes. This movie needs effective marketing given its release spot, not really sure playing the tease card is a good idea. 

Its the first trailer, I'm sure he'll be in the next one a lot.

How exactly did they hide that is Drago jr.? I mean he had Drago on the back of his robe and there's a scene where Rocky is telling Creed that his dad died in his arms against basically the same opponent. I don't think they're hiding it at all.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Sorry Baumer but rocky 4 epitomizes everything that was wrong in the Reagan-era action films. It’s basically a propaganda film as was Rambo 2 (and 3 but that was outdated before it was even released and is mostly a joke seeing Rambo helping the talibans) . This one again seems to implicate a human being , drago’s son, that is basically not human since he has “nothing to loose” as most “Russians, commies, whatever” are , at least in the mind of Americans. 

As as I have always said, americans’ liberal sensitivities end with whatever has to do with issues inside their country, they will rebel against people bashing a piece of shit like ghostbusters 2016 because of feminism or whatever, they will basically call anybody that dididnt like black panther a member of the kkk but they still have no problem with their movies portraying foreigners as inhuman creatures, esp. if it’s russians or Chinese or North Koreans or middle eastern citizens or whatever is the bad guy of the day for the U.S. 

You might want to speak about Greece because you are obviously an outsider who believes that he/she knows more than they know about America because of the internet. 

The movie oughta be fine, as in $100,000,000 domestically again. If the first one performed really well up against the second weekend of the Hunger Games' ultimate movie, I really do not see Fantastic Beasts being that much competition. In addition, Michael B. Jordan's profile has greatly risen and a ton of people appear to really cherish the first one.        

Edited by PenguinHyphy

1 hour ago, baumer said:

How exactly did they hide that is Drago jr.? I mean he had Drago on the back of his robe and there's a scene where Rocky is telling Creed that his dad died in his arms against basically the same opponent. I don't think they're hiding it at all.

I meant really showing him, i.e. his physical presence. Like I said, the guy they have playing him is crazy intimidating looking yet you barely catch a glimpse of him in the trailer. 

• Like 1

Welp I actually agree that the whole "evil Russian!" thing is lame and it feels super goofy to do that as a followup to the first Creed. But give the ppl what they want I guess

I think it's a good trailer. Solid performances from everybody and the showdown at the end could become very exciting. But of course so far it's impossible to see how the film will handle certain things, e.g. if it will be become a revenge match or if we will learn more about the fate of Ivan Drago and the childhood of his son. I hope we will.
But overall it looks quite interesting.

1 hour ago, lilmac said:

I hope Caple becomes the next big thing after this. While I don’t see it reaching the same boxoffice heights as Creed it should net a nice profit. 

$120m Dom

Huh? Creed did $109M DOM

8 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

he was called the next Denzel

seems more accurate, not a superstar, but sizable decent fanbase

I agree. Jordan is more of a dramatic/action actor. I don’t know if we’ll ever have another Will Smith.