CJohn

Creed 2 | Nov 21 2018 | Steven Caple to direct. Production begins March

1 hour ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Obviously , at least I hope, he will be portrayed in a much more realistic style than the “evil communist” he was in rocky 4 .

I'm betting that they're sticking with a kernel of what I think were some of Stallone's original ideas for this...or maybe just really good fan fiction I heard somewhere...  that time has taken its toll on Ivan Drago's body due to his excessive steroid use, and that he is suffering either physically or mentally...or both.  The main show is obviously Creed and his opponent, but I don't think they're going to pass up the opportunity to have at least one more scene with Rocky meeting Drago again and confronting their mutual histories, and perhaps coming to blows.  Obviously, there must also be at least one great scene between MBJ and Lundgren.   We'll see soon! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Thrylos 7 said:

To each his own, drago was a cartoony villain tailor-made for the Reagan era films that Stallone was making at that time (and which, to his credit, Arnie despite being a hardcore republican , mostly avoided) that has no relevance with the tone of both rocky balboa and creed. I guess it’s banking of nostalgia and they wanted a creed 2 but were out of original ideas about it.

Shut up, Rocky 4 is great music video.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Macleod said:

The main show is obviously Creed and his opponent, but I don't think they're going to pass up the opportunity to have at least one more scene with Rocky meeting Drago again and confronting their mutual histories..

Agreed. These men are as tired and weathered as the super power nations they represent. I don't know about physical jabs as Rocky is still recovering from cancer treatment, but verbal jabs are inevitable and welcomed. If anything, it'll be more nuanced than Rocky IV, which still has its own unique charm as a staple of 80s excess.

Edited by ThePhasmid
  • Like 1

As far as the movie's box office goes, I don't see it increasing very much from the first Creed. It's not like the first was crazy leggy despite it being well-liked, so I'd imagine it wouldn't have picked up as many new converts as something like a Pitch Perfect or Austin Powers scenario. I remember the first having a ton of hype around it, and doing a pretty respectable 45M 5-day opening. I'd say similar numbers are in store for this; it isn't like there's much higher they can go with this as far as quality goes anyway.

• Like 1

Terrible trailer but expected. Too bad because both rocky balboa and creed were such good , heartfelt movies. This goes back to the pop corn shit of rocky 3&4 that are extremely outdated, esp. part 4.  Oh look the giant son of......drago. Whatever since nostalgia pays well, at least in the U.S box office, I guess it’s a good paycheck for both Stallone an Michael b. Jordan.

• Sad 1

Sorry Baumer but rocky 4 epitomizes everything that was wrong in the Reagan-era action films. It’s basically a propaganda film as was Rambo 2 (and 3 but that was outdated before it was even released and is mostly a joke seeing Rambo helping the talibans) . This one again seems to implicate a human being , drago’s son, that is basically not human since he has “nothing to loose” as most “Russians, commies, whatever” are , at least in the mind of Americans. 

As as I have always said, americans’ liberal sensitivities end with whatever has to do with issues inside their country, they will rebel against people bashing a piece of shit like ghostbusters 2016 because of feminism or whatever, they will basically call anybody that dididnt like black panther a member of the kkk but they still have no problem with their movies portraying foreigners as inhuman creatures, esp. if it’s russians or Chinese or North Koreans or middle eastern citizens or whatever is the bad guy of the day for the U.S. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5