CJohn

Creed 2 | Nov 21 2018 | Steven Caple to direct. Production begins March

Rocky IV is just over the top entertainment, Thrylos.  I never watched that film and cared about the cold war.  All I wanted from it was to see Stallone train like a motherfucker and then overcome the odds to beat a heavily steroided opponent.  If you choose to look into the film with those kinds of glasses on, then that is your choice.  I didn't and I enjoyed the hell out of Rocky IV.

Oh, and boo-fucking-hoo if they have "foreign" bad guys.  Sometimes things are just entertainment.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Sorry Baumer but rocky 4 epitomizes everything that was wrong in the Reagan-era action films. It’s basically a propaganda film as was Rambo 2 (and 3 but that was outdated before it was even released and is mostly a joke seeing Rambo helping the talibans) . This one again seems to implicate a human being , drago’s son, that is basically not human since he has “nothing to loose” as most “Russians, commies, whatever” are , at least in the mind of Americans. 

As as I have always said, americans’ liberal sensitivities end with whatever has to do with issues inside their country, they will rebel against people bashing a piece of shit like ghostbusters 2016 because of feminism or whatever, they will basically call anybody that dididnt like black panther a member of the kkk but they still have no problem with their movies portraying foreigners as inhuman creatures, esp. if it’s russians or Chinese or North Koreans or middle eastern citizens or whatever is the bad guy of the day for the U.S. 

He has nothing to lose because he doesn't have a family.  I think that was made pretty clear in the trailer.  You're looking into things that just aren't there.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Rocky 4 wasn’t just entertainment in the climate it was released and neither were the Rambo sequels. Whatever I have said my piece , nothing further to add. 

Good, because you are the only one spouting off this kind of nonsense.  

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

8 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

when a drago kills a creed again

pxl-wc-putin-celebs-5th-goal-54c-0.jpg?w

It is funny though how Rocky 4 came out in the mid 80s during the height of the Cold War and this is coming out 2 years into extreme Russia paranoia.  I'll definitely be seeing this just to read the amusing think pieces/reviews it will produce.  I still need to catch the first Creed though.

There's five films being released on the same day.  That's pretty insane and kind of ridiculous.  I just hope Creed does't suffer because of this.

Looks alright I guess. Not really sure the hiding Drago jr tactic was a good idea. Dude they've got playing him looks intimidating as hell and just showing he's up against that guy would really drive home the high stakes. This movie needs effective marketing given its release spot, not really sure playing the tease card is a good idea. 

43 minutes ago, baumer said:

There's five films being released on the same day.  That's pretty insane and kind of ridiculous.  I just hope Creed does't suffer because of this.

Complete opposite of last year when COCO was the single release on that day, along with ROMAN J. ISRAEL, ESQ. expanding.

• Like 1

The five films thing isn't as bad as it sounds. Second Act and Robin Hood are pretty much locked for low numbers. Probably Marwen too. That just leaves Ralph, which isn't direct competition at all. The bigger issue is that all of November and December in general are stacked.