#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

1 minute ago, straggler said:

Not insulting it but Twilight was a vampire romance that people did not take seriously. Hunger Games was a huge sci fi franchise and Katniss carries it.  

Well, that franchise that no one took seriously grossed 3.3 billion dollars.  So, you know, some people took it seriously.

3 minutes ago, Rth said:

Some context that 43mil with THR is for starters only a sample of theatres(just over 50%) so 100% of thrs figure is much higher :) also it includes presales for the rest of day from that sample of theatres as well and its from around 1pm PST(btw that also only includes EC till 1pm, what EC has done thru 4pm different figure) . The figure for what its made up of is in the stratosphere nothing has ever come near a number like that (more than double closest)

So after picked myself of floor multiple times few hours ago and then trying to make heads and tales of what it was going to do. $125-130m was low end the number DL had high end 145 or something will see. The thing to watch is with   the amount of presales could see evening numbers slow down some what )

Do you think JW true friday gonna be shattered?

3 minutes ago, Rth said:

1 minute ago, Rth said:

Some context that 43mil with THR is for starters only a sample of theatres(just over 50%) so 100% of thrs figure is much higher :) also it includes presales for the rest of day from that sample of theatres as well and its from around 1pm PST(btw that also only includes EC till 1pm, what EC has done thru 4pm different figure) . The figure for what its made up of is in the stratosphere nothing has ever come near a number like that (more than double closest)

So after picked myself of floor multiple times few hours ago and then trying to make heads and tales of what it was going to do. $125-130m was low end the number DL had high end 145 or something will see. The thing to watch is with   the amount of presales could see evening numbers slow down some what )

@sf@d#£(!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry.. I'm speechless.. The Force is true. The Force is real.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Poor Hector, that was cruel, Mr Coleman deserves a sack of shit for Xmas for that.

It was funny as fuck though. lmao

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rth said:

giphy.gif

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rth said:

yep they do and from previous post, its also only a  sample of data

So essentially pre-sales throws everything off?

16 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

Not to tread into these wastelands again, but it was so refreshing to see a kickass young woman kicking ass, without making a huge deal out of it. Furiosa is happy.

Also, if they're talking about the demographics, Thursday was going to skew to the fanboy demographic.  Your general audience fans are likely showing up today, Saturday, and Sunday to avoid the lines

3 minutes ago, Orestes said:

Kind of funny talking about which recent female sci-fi character (now sure how Twilight counts) is responsible for Rey when the one who's responsible for all of em is in the damn movie.

If you want to get technical, being the trull lead is another story, no disrespect to Leia.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, JohnnY said:

i know some americans clap after a movie... but clapping after movie trailers is new to me

peope clapped like a hundred times in my showing... it was quite contagious.

I was serving someone today, she asked me for a SW ticket. I asked her if she would like anything to eat or drink and showed her this limited edition star wars popcorn combo that we're selling. She looked at it and said, "Hmm. No, no thank you, just the ticket." Then i waved my hand at her and said, "You want to buy the Star Wars combo...". and then she repeated, "I want to buy the Star Wars combo..." and she fucking bought it lmao.

• Like 15

dude, huge yo

bout to head to my showing, bring on 130m+ opening day.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bonenash said:

Do you think JW true friday gonna be shattered?

Did you not read his post?  He's saying it could go even higher.

_87290886_030627929.jpg

Even White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest was flanked by Star Wars characters on Friday

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 3

Just now, The Panda Menace said:

Also, if they're talking about the demographics, Thursday was going to skew to the fanboy demographic.  Your general audience fans are likely showing up today, Saturday, and Sunday to avoid the lines

Only to stand in lines. ;)

• Like 2

Just now, Baumer Fett said:

But he also said pre-sales are throwing everything off.

:ph34r:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

It's in my top 10. 

image.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baumer Fett said:

he said it may be lower than what is suggested, as the 43M "matinees" includes ticket sales for the evening.

2 minutes ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

Only to stand in lines. ;)

Yeah - we are trying to figure out how early to arrive tomorrow (we are an hour away) but can only drop the kiddos a the baby sitters 90 minutes before start time... so we will definitely be waiting and probably not at the front

I'm sure there's some "The BEST Scenes of the Original Trilogy" montage on YouTube that's two hours shorter than this and does the trick. 

So basically walk up business is still very important.