#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

I was serving someone today, she asked me for a SW ticket. I asked her if she would like anything to eat or drink and showed her this limited edition star wars popcorn combo that we're selling. She looked at it and said, "Hmm. No, no thank you, just the ticket." Then i waved my hand at her and said, "You want to buy the Star Wars combo...". and then she repeated, "I want to buy the Star Wars combo..." and she fucking bought it lmao.

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, Bonenash said:

Do you think JW true friday gonna be shattered?

Did you not read his post?  He's saying it could go even higher.

1 minute ago, Baumer Fett said:

Did you not read his post?  He's saying it could go even higher.

he said it may be lower than what is suggested, as the 43M "matinees" includes ticket sales for the evening.

2 minutes ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

Only to stand in lines. ;)

Yeah - we are trying to figure out how early to arrive tomorrow (we are an hour away) but can only drop the kiddos a the baby sitters 90 minutes before start time... so we will definitely be waiting and probably not at the front

2 minutes ago, #ED2-D2 said:

But he also said pre-sales are throwing everything off.

:ph34r:

Yes, but if you read that the number is an extrapolation, then it could go higher...or lower as well.  

Either way, 130 OD is monstrous.  140-145 is just nuts.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, #ED2-D2 said:

So essentially pre-sales throws everything off?

Over here walk ups are essentially 0. Everyone is buying their tickets online and basically no tickets are sold at the time of the show. 

• Like 2

Just now, CJ Ren said:

Over here walk ups are essentially 0. Everyone is buying their tickets online and basically no tickets are sold at the time of the show. 

Walk-ups were somewhat weak for us last night, that's why I was initially thinking we would go over $60M for the night but it ended with around $50M.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CJ Ren said:

Most people are buying tickets just before they come to the theater because they don't want to be any further behind the line especially with reports of 2 hour lines, no one wants to be one or 10 people further behind

most people buy tickets online especially when faced with lines. They don't want to be in 2 lines 

Edited by hasanahmad

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Walk-ups were somewhat weak for us last night, that's why I was initially thinking we would go over $60M for the night but it ended with around $50M.

Yup, I was initially expecting way bigger numbers here and they are simply not happening. I am ashamed of my country. Fast 7 sold 240000 tickets on his first 4 days. Minions sold 200000 tickets. Twilight 5 sold 225000 tickets. Fifty Shades of Grey sold 160000 tickets. Star Wars should do a big 140000-150000 (slightly above Spectre) but c'mon! Expectations were far far higher. Most theaters put it in 3 or 4 screens. First time ever. Maximum all movies get here is 2 screens.

• Like 1

Kathleen Kennedy and JJ Abrams last night:

Kathleen

tumblr_inline_momrn7goDd1qz4rgp.jpg

"Send forth all fanboys. Do not stop the attendance until the records are taken. Seize them all!"

JJ

gothmog_1.jpg

"What of the Boy Wizard?"

Kathleen

• Like 6