druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

1 minute ago, Darth Water Bottle said:

Pfft. I also made a terrible mistake. I don't want to admit it but it's public record. I put the decimal in the wrong place on the Hateful 8 so instead of $2.5 million it's $25 million.  I think we can safely say that I lost the derby worse than you. :unsure:

That is fucked up :lol: 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, spizzer said:

Good point, but does that compensate for folks that were still working yesterday that are now off?  This is the biggest holiday if the year, even compared to Christmas Eve, the matinee business capacity is just larger.

Maybe. The movies are the only thing open today and it's not like anyone ever pencils in plans on this day other than opening gifts, which occurs right when everyone wakes up, so why not go to the movies in the afternoon?

• Like 1

Guys 40 million would still be 126 million weekend lol sub 50 % drop  ...

However I had a sense that demand cannot stay this high.

Like I never believed in 150+ 2nd weekend 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

Ok just read the article. Its clear it is only based off of morning returns. This is not taking into account afternoons. I have no clue how you can make an estimate off of CMAS morning when people are still opening presents. Most people go out after they have their family CMas dinner. 

" To boot, overall revenue is also expected to hit a record for Dec. 25, when moviegoing surges in the afternoon. " So ya this was based off of data prior to the afternoon. 

Edited by tokila
  • Like 1

Just now, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

Or maybe he wants to see us freak out for a little while. And right when we lose all hope, he swoops in to save the day.

He will tease us for at least 3 or 4 hours until he drops whatever number it is :lol: 

Hopefully he will bring news about the other openers and holdhovers as well. 

• Like 1