grim22

The Invisible Man | Feb 28 2020 | Will be available on VOD Friday March 20

6 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Cope? Lol. I never said it was in the “same box as them” just said I love all 3 and I’m glad they all got wide releases regardless of their weirdness. They’re not very “general public”. 

Where are you getting the idea that the vast majority of the people who saw it have forgotten about it? 

It's just never mentioned. Had a lot of hype at the time which died off very fast after it's opening. 

• ...wtf 1

The Invisible Man is tracking for 20-24.5M and Box office pro are thinking 30M. with good reception from critics it should be able to get closer to BoPro's numbers which would be Blumhouse's biggest opening since Glass (which had a holiday boost on its weekend).

Edited by RealLyre

Ok, back to reviews. Can't some critics learn that a lead cannot steal the show cause it's their show? Only characters who weren't supposed to carry the movie can steal the show from the lead. So you can't say "Elizabeth Moss steals the show" when it's her show! You can say "Elizabeth Moss carries the movie like a star or it's Elizabeth Moss show through and through and she's more than up to the task". How hard is to see the difference? I saw a lot of this crap in Joker reviews. "Joaquin Phoenix steals the show". Er, no, he is the show. 

So my 27.4M OW floor is happening. :stirthepot:

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

That's all true. BTW, BOP RT plumeted to 78% after it bombed. critics realized that overhype wasn't going to save it and started to give sincere reviews. I remember it was in high 80s when it opened. Critics act like influencers way too much and that backfires when overhyped movies are not as great and critics make them out ot be.

The movie still have 93% on RT, critics didn’t started to give “sincere” reviews.

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

Ok, back to reviews. Can't some critics learn that a lead cannot steal the show cause it's their show? Only characters who weren't supposed to carry the movie can steal the show from the lead. So you can't say "Elizabeth Moss steals the show" when it's her show! You can say "Elizabeth Moss carries the movie like a star or it's Elizabeth Moss show through and through and she's more than up to the task". How hard is to see the difference? I saw a lot of this crap in Joker reviews. "Joaquin Phoenix steals the show". Er, no, he is the show. 

So my 27,4OW floor is happening. :stirthepot:

that usually means that their performance was the only thing they liked about the film. 

I’m gonna watch this on Saturday, hope is truly good, i actually liked the trailer but it’s good to hear it didn’t do justice for the movie

This year is terrible for horror movies so far, this could help Invisible Man box office, not only is having great reviews just in time for the release but people also didn’t see a good horror movie since last year 

• Like 1