CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

13 minutes ago, Telemachos said:
80NCRsxK_normal.jpg

mattzollerseitz
Superhero is the only genre where, if a critic pans a film, some viewers react as if a bee stung them in the face. This still baffles me.
3/26/16, 6:03 AM

Pretty simple. It's perpetual geek mentality. Always wanting to be accepted by the cool kids and then being affronted when things don't go as expected, falling back on the trusty old, "I'm too precious for them anyway" comfort logic.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Jesus, when three of the top four posters are mods.... :unsure: 

And when most of the others are people who actively disliked the movie, some even before seeing it. Makes you realize how reductive the comments in here have been and how insane I was for reading them all.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

But in part that's because you didn't like it. (I know it's sort of a chicken and egg situation). I had fun. I thought it was fun.

I found the whole movie to be problematic though, not just the tone. Most of the time I just sat there wishing that the terrific cast (and lord does this movie waste some great actors in nothing parts, poor Holly Hunter) I had spent their time doing something more worthy of their talents.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

But in part that's because you didn't like it. (I know it's sort of a chicken and egg situation). I had fun. I thought it was fun.

Seeing the three together was fun. Fun is not exclusive to 'telling jokes.'

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Does EU or latin American countries even have Good Friday as a holiday? I'm not quite clear on other countries vacation patterns. 

AFAIK most Latinamerican countries have Thursday and Friday. A few have Monday as well.