CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

52 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Friends.

I'm at a pizza place and TDKR is on the TV. Most people here including the cashier are watching. :lol:

The amount of money I would pay to get Nolan and Bale back involved...!!!!

4 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

LOL we'll see about Snyder on JL but I can't even imagine what chump would want to step in at this point. Certainly not anyone worth the potential lawsuits over. 

Like I said in the Justice League thread is to late to replace Snyder but they can still change Charles "Yes Man" Roven and his Deborah Snyder for someone who's not afraid to tell Snyder he's fucking up.

9 minutes ago, aliadiere29 said:

I think people was more mad at him making assumptions that Snyder would be fired and that Justice League would be delayed for a Batman film.

So far he isn't right.

That wasn't all wrong though. Snyder may stay but his JL is another Batman movie. ?

Just now, Heat Vision said:

Like I said in the Justice League thread is to late to replace Snyder but they can still change Charles "Yes Man" Roven and his Deborah Snyder for someone who's not afraid to tell Snyder he's fucking up.

Roven was there for Batman Returns and Batman and Robin. He's clearly content to let these guys do their thing.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

It was a 50/50 prediction anyone could have made.

It wasn't.  

The way WB rolled out the film to critics and pre screening audiences showed that they had doubt about it's reception, which is what he said his sources told him. 

They held off screenings until the last week then allowed fans to see it first to spread WOM via social media knowing those kinds of fans would like it the most and then had an embargo on critics until the day before the movie opened O/S and even held some critic screens as late as Wed after the embargo.  The very late embargo wasn't about concern for spoilers because they allowed fans to see it beforehand and they know that fans are far more likely to spread spoilers than critics are. 

38 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Yeah, its totally the theater's fault how the movie was made. :lol:

:ph34r:

Because we certainly don't get sent a list of trailers that we have to play with each new release.

7 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

No Sat #'s yet?  Maybe they're as embarrassing as a Jar of Piss.

*JAY Z's Holy Grail voice* sipping from your Jar till it runneth over / Jar of Piss

Edited by Jack Nevada
  • Like 3

Saw it again with 11 friends. All of them liked it or loved it. Lex Luthor was the thing everyone agreed it was epic. Everyone also seemed to love Wonder Woman. Some of them had never seen a Batman movie in the past and from the 11 people, only one saw Man of Steel.

Both shows (9 PM and 9:20 PM, which amounts to a big total of 535 people) were sold out well in advance. The theater was packed. Insanity ruled supreme to get good seats. People were just buying for the midnight show instead. It is gonna have a huge OW here. 

I loved the movie again. I almost feel guilty tbh. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Saw it again with 11 friends. All of them liked it or loved it. Lex Luthor was the thing everyone agreed it was epic. Everyone also seemed to love Wonder Woman. Some of them had never seen a Batman movie in the past and from the 11 people, only one saw Man of Steel.

Both shows (9 PM and 9:20 PM, which amounts to a big total of 535 people) were sold out well in advance. The theater was packed. Insanity ruled supreme to get good seats. People were just buying for the midnight show instead. It is gonna have a huge OW here. 

I loved the movie again. I almost feel guilty tbh. 

Thanks for the report.

Good to hear your friends have great taste in movies.

9 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

Replacing Roven would be 1000x times more difficult than Snyder, his contract's prob ironclad

• Like 1

Business is down from Friday business at local theaters however it was Good Friday yesterday.

So don't means anything overall I imagine. 

Go with 48 saturday lol

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1