Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

15 hours ago, Durden said:

Maybe they can use that to hype CM a bit more for a region or whatever publicity stunt they might think out, like they did in SK as they shot one, I think either CA or Avengers, in parts there shortly before the other one (CA or Avengers xy I guess) got released there.

Headache a bit (bad weather here), not at home/no access to my files there, forgot the details

8 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Yeah no, Disney ain't giving up yuans for an R-rated BW film

23 cents on the B.O. dollar and negligible ancillary weighs far less than the PG-13, 12A revenue they'll probably miss in the US, UK etc

I can't see them doing this unless they're cutting the usual solo budget in half which might work for the kind of film they want to make.  Still, doubtful.

Edited by TalismanRing

If Disney didn't just give up their big May tentpole in GOTG 3 over the whims of a Nazi, then maybe I could buy this being an R? Since this is pretty much getting that May date, and the only other MCU film out that year is The Eternals, an R isn't happening at all. This is one of Disney's 2 biggest films of 2020

I would agree with the much on the table, right now Disney has a giant aura everything with their logo remotely on it is 100% safe to see for everyone 7 to 77 without never anything at all ever happening.

That is a strong brand and good value to them, I would do anything R rated released with an other brand (those older R rated marvel studio movie brand.

That said almost no one that could not have bought a ticket alone for a r rated movie went to Dr Strange opening weekend, apparently:

The audience for Doctor Strange was 58 percent male vs 42 percent female. The film's audience was only 8 percent teen and 33 percent under age 25, according to boxofficepro.com.

Of that 8% you have a lot of 17, 18, 19 year's old that do not count, so for individual SH title R or not could become quite irrelevant over time has audience in western country age and age older, fans of the 2012 Avengers on release are pretty much all well above 16 by 2019 and so on, but for a brand aspect and continue to have family audience not asking any question for the next Spider Man/Avengers or others one that have an family audience to them, keeping it clean is probably wiser.

This may be the first MCU movie that actually has some artistic vision to it since Marvel was basically forced to do it. The guys in charge never wanted to make female movies, so they may have left with the filmmakers to come up with ideas for it. If that happens I may be very excited to see what they do with it. ScarJo can't act but they can get a really good supporting cast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1