Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

Edited by Durden
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

23 minutes ago, Gamora said:

God the Accords were bullshit, I hope they don't come up much in this movie. :rolleyes:

If this takes place as rumored between CW and AIW they will have to be alluded to, especially since for the majority of that time period Nat was on the run with Steve, Sam and Wanda.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

If this takes place as rumored between CW and AIW they will have to be alluded to, especially since for the majority of that time period Nat was on the run with Steve, Sam and Wanda.

Fingers crossed not too much being that fandom was an absolute garbage fire after CW and I have no desire to go through that again. Ever.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Menor said:

Wait what are you referring to? I didn't remember MCU fandom being in any unusual place after CW.

Guess it depends whose "team" you were on, but as someone who was firmly on the anti-Accords side I had to sit through years of having my favourite characters dragged through the mud, so anything that remotely brings that back is not something I want to happen. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

All white....  interesting choice for spy on the run for violating the Accords.

They totally just wanted to give the Sharon fans something else to complain about. 

1 hour ago, Menor said:

Wait what are you referring to? I didn't remember MCU fandom being in any unusual place after CW.

j jonah jameson laughing GIF

1 hour ago, Gamora said:

Guess it depends whose "team" you were on, but as someone who was firmly on the anti-Accords side I had to sit through years of having my favourite characters dragged through the mud, so anything that remotely brings that back is not something I want to happen. 

SAME. And It is STILL that way.  Tony fans have never forgiven Steve.

• Thanks 1

Just now, captainwondyful said:

They totally just wanted to give the Sharon fans something else to complain about. 

j jonah jameson laughing GIF

SAME. And It is STILL that way.  Tony fans have never forgiven Steve.

Eh, fandom isn't a monolith.  Many haven't got over it but many were fine with it or have moved on or past it.  But now there's a lot of crazed Bucky fans post AEG to take their place.

And :rofl:  about Sharon - I forgot white's her thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cap and Tony were both right, and also both wrong. It was actually pretty nice, especially compared to the comics where the Civil War crossovers mostly just seemed to ruin characters.

Edited by Orestes
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Orestes said:

Cap and Tony were both right, and also both wrong. It was actually pretty nice, especially compared to the comics where the Civil War crossovers mostly just seemed to ruin characters.

No, I think it had more to do with Marvel not wanting any overt political leaning regarding the government. And they didn't want people to dislike a character. I would have preferred it if the movie showed someone being more right than the other instead of using that whole accords plot point as just a plot point that has no thematic purpose (because as you say, neither Tony nor Steve are shown as right or wrong so what's the purpose of that whole debate?).

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

No, I think it had more to do with Marvel not wanting any overt political leaning regarding the government. And they didn't want people to dislike a character. I would have preferred it if the movie showed someone being more right than the other instead of using that whole accords plot point as just a plot point that has no thematic purpose (because as you say, neither Tony nor Steve are shown as right or wrong so what's the purpose of that whole debate?).

No, I didn't say neither were shown as right or wrong. I said they were both right and both wrong.

4 minutes ago, Orestes said:

No, I didn't say neither were shown as right or wrong. I said they were both right and both wrong.

Yeah, I agree and I don't know if I didn't it get it across properly and that's the problem. One character needs to be more right than the other because otherwise there is no reason for that conflict. The conflict in that movie was only created to go into another conflict. It's clear they didn't want to piss off any fans and make any overt political statements regarding the government (like usual).

Edited by lorddemaxus