Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

40 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I'm in the pub and this drunk dickhead is like "yeah mate I've just been filming black Widow I'm an actor" I'm like yeah sure of course you are

So he gets his phone and shows me photos of him on the set all dressed up?

What reality is this

:apocalypse:

42 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I'm in the pub and this drunk dickhead is like "yeah mate I've just been filming black Widow I'm an actor" I'm like yeah sure of course you are

What reality is this

Yeah, and I was hanging out with Jon Snow on the set of the Eternals.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Avatree said:

What reality is this

Has RDJ been drinking again???

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 12:47 AM, Macleod said:

My feelings.  

It's pretty clear that Marvel/Disney are not as confident in Black Widow as all the fans are, and were essentially bullied into making this movie by fan culture/response/protests...and throwing in RDJ for a cameo (and perhaps one or two others) sweetens the risk.  

I also think Marvel has concerns about how well a movie with a main character  who they just killed off will do at the Box office,so naturally they are going to try to sweeten the box office pot by any method they can.

Edited by dudalb

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:32 PM, Thanos Legion said:

I mean, he’s still dead. That makes me value his appearances in movies set before that more, not less. I’m sure they know not to let him overshadow what the movie in actually about (Nat). But using other subfranchise characters in little roles here and there is part of what makes the MCU so neat.

And it's not like Marvel had not done this before.

Ronan the Accuser showing up in "Captain Marvel" and a whole slew of  dead charecters showing up in "Endgame".

It's all about the execution, folks,how well it's done.

Although he is not dead,the Marvel character who would make sense showing up in this movie is Hawkeye,given his past with Natasha.

And in the world of "It would be fun" cameos too bad Rachel Weisz could not convince her husband to do a cameo just for the hell of it,since this a spy thriller....

11 hours ago, dudalb said:

And it's not like Marvel had not done this before.

Ronan the Accuser showing up in "Captain Marvel" and a whole slew of  dead charecters showing up in "Endgame".

It's all about the execution, folks,how well it's done.

Although he is not dead,the Marvel character who would make sense showing up in this movie is Hawkeye,given his past with Natasha.

And in the world of "It would be fun" cameos too bad Rachel Weisz could not convince her husband to do a cameo just for the hell of it,since this a spy thriller....

Post CW Hawkeye is shackled at the farm so she'd have to visit him in Iowa or wherever. 

During that time period she hooks back up with Steve, Sam and Wanda so she could meet anyone of them (doubtful on Steve though) or even end up in Wakanda if they're still there.  Or maybe BP sends someone out to find her for her team (he has to have been the one the one that snitched on to Ross, who else could or would have?).  Maybe Okoye b/c there's never enough Okoye.  Or Nakia since she's a spy.  But this all just wishful thinking.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dudalb said:

Ronan the Accuser showing up in "Captain Marvel"

Lol who? 

Lets not compare Black Widow to one of Marvel’s notoriously bland villains. 

She is an original avenger, killed off 5 months ago in what was sold as a finale. 

It’s very different. 

The overreactions in this thread. You bitch about RDJ appearing and what not but do GA care about that shit at all? My god people are so sensitive. RDJ's Iron Man is most beloved superhero worldwide. People get excited just seeing his glimpse..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

4 hours ago, Nero said:

The overreactions in this thread. You bitch about RDJ appearing and what not but do GA care about that shit at all? My god people are so sensitive. RDJ's Iron Man is most beloved superhero worldwide. People get excited just seeing his glimpse..

I assume I'm one of those who are overreacting, but I actually haven't said anything about GA caring or not, everyone's probably going to see it because, you know, Marvel. My stance about this movie is that it's a wasted opportunity for the swan song that it's supposed to be, especially since the emotional toll of Widow losing her life for everyone in Endgame was virtually nonexistent. That's why I'll die mad, lol, 'cause I really loved the character and they really did her dirty, and now everything about this movie screams mediocre and redundant, without consequences and without progress, and after Endgame, that's really the last thing the MCU needs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Titan Man said:

I assume I'm one of those who are overreacting, but I actually haven't said anything about GA caring or not, everyone's probably going to see it because, you know, Marvel. My stance about this movie is that it's a wasted opportunity for the swan song that it's supposed to be, especially since the emotional toll of Widow losing her life for everyone in Endgame was virtually nonexistent. That's why I'll die mad, lol, 'cause I really loved the character and they really did her dirty, and now everything about this movie screams mediocre and redundant, without consequences and without progress, and after Endgame, that's really the last thing the MCU needs.

I'm not talking specifically about you but if you really see after Iron Man RDJ didn't have that much of screen time as he didn't have a standalone movie and so after Endgame it's likely that we won't see RDJ ever in MCU again, we have to treasure whatever we are getting cause 10 years later we would still be hoping that RDJ should have been here and whatnot

How are they going to advertise this movie? “Here’s some house chores black widow did before she died in a different movie you’ve already seen” 

Marvel releasing a solo movie about a character they just killed reminds me of Solo and how well that went 

1 minute ago, VENOM said:

Marvel releasing a solo movie about a character they just killed reminds me of Solo and how well that went 

It would be like a Solo movie starring Harrison Ford doing things just before TFA that could be important to the plot of future SW movies.      

Pretty different than the Solo we got.

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 1:35 AM, Marcus Cato said:

Some people are exaggerating with this RDJ story. It will probably be just a few seconds cameo at the beginning of the movie with a deleted scene from Civil War, with Tony telling Natasha to run and that's it.

This. I can't see him getting any more footage then ,say, Ronan did in "Captain Marvel" and probably a lot less.

6 minutes ago, VENOM said:

How are they going to advertise this movie? “Here’s some house chores black widow did before she died in a different movie you’ve already seen” 

See, I thought this before, and it might still be true. However it really depends on how many story threads are introduced in the film. Maybe it's not as simple as "some house chores Black Widow did before she died...". Knowing Marvel Studios, this film probably will serve that purpose while also opening other doors to characters/settings/plots that are very much relevant going forward.

I'm willing to give them a chance and. yes. I'll absolutely be there opening night to see for myself. It helps that I adore the cast too!