Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

I’m glad they didn’t make an overt statement about the government. They made a compelling enough statements about both sides to get us discussing and make our own decisions. That’s much better than having a movie preach to me.

I mean look at us discussing it three years later. They did something right.

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

Yeah, I agree and I don't know if I didn't it get it across properly and that's the problem. One character needs to be more right than the other because otherwise there is no reason for that conflict. The conflict was only created to go into another conflict.

The characters only need to be more right from their own perspectives, not from ours. Both Tony and Steve were dragging baggage into this that essentially put them in blinders. For Steve, it was the death of Peggy that left Bucky as the last living connection to his past. For Tony, it was unresolved issues with his parents untimely deaths. To put it a little more broadly, Steve wasn't able to see the forest for the trees, and Tony couldn't see the trees for the forest.

21 minutes ago, Orestes said:

The characters only need to be more right from their own perspectives, not from ours. Both Tony and Steve were dragging baggage into this that essentially put them in blinders. For Steve, it was the death of Peggy that left Bucky as the last living connection to his past. For Tony, it was unresolved issues with his parents untimely deaths. To put it a little more broadly, Steve wasn't able to see the forest for the trees, and Tony couldn't see the trees for the forest.

But that basically removes any purpose to the political ideas by being neutral. If you ask me, both of them were completely wrong and the movie doesn't do a good job of showing that (both of them literally represent the worst parts of the government). I honestly thought the movie got a lot better when it ditched the political stuff and went for the personal stuff instead.

10 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

They totally just wanted to give the Sharon fans something else to complain about. 

j jonah jameson laughing GIF

SAME. And It is STILL that way.  Tony fans have never forgiven Steve.

huh. The Accords discussion and Cap/Tony stuff never seemed all that toxic to me. Guess I got lucky in my interactions.

Yeah I'm loving this art!

Weird. Ever since the original reveal at Comic-Con, this movie has become one of my most anticipated after feeling so indifferent to it. I guess when you have a compelling cast and an actual story to tell (as opposed to shoehorning the movie as a favour to the star, or because it's overdue etc.) it makes all the difference.

For a second I thought that was Josh Brolin’s actual twitter. I’m still not completely sold on the white uniform (maybe I’ll change my mind when I see it in action) but everything else looks nice! Still can’t believe they got me excited about a Black Widow movie but this cast is just too good. 

18 hours ago, Durden said:

EC125TBXsAYuulX?format=jpg&name=4096x409

About time we got more comic accurate on her. Of course I'll be curious why this look didn't carry over into the other films but lets cross that bridge later.

Also, it seems they are doing a bit of redesign on Red Guardian's mask, two tone vs the more usual all red. Fin seems gone or muted like Yondu, can't really tell here. 

• Like 1