Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

10 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

So what if it is?  You think RDJ would have difficulty getting work and getting paid outside the MCU?  Highly doubtful.

He wouldn't have difficulty of course, but he's used to enormous hits on almost yearly basis so my guess is that his instinctive reaction to a bomb would be retreating to the most sure thing at least to offset the bomb ASAP. His reaction to The Judge bombing was appearing in SMH or something. It just how actors who've been in sure-fire hits for a long time react when they face one bump in the road. That's why many actors who swore off their franchises come back to them after other projects didn't satisfy whatever criteria of success they set for themselves. It isn't unusual and it isn't a bad thing.

Edited by Valonqar

8 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

A billion is locked if they use th cameo in the promos

Yeah, like billion was locked for SMH.,.oh wait!

if BW has great marketing and the movie is actually good it could make 1B on its own without a need to push the cameo in previews as if he's a major character. I certainly wasn't anticipating BW for Tony but Nat. 

Sorry to be touchy but underestimation of this movie is just strange. Every day there's some crap aimed at undermining it. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

3 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Yeah, like billion was locked for SMH.,.oh wait!

if BW has great marketing and the movie is actually good it could make 1B on its own without a need to push the cameo in previews as if he's a major character. I certainly wasn't anticipating BW for Tony but Nat. 

Sorry to be touchy but underestimation of this movie is just strange. Every day there's some crap aimed at undermining it. 

Homecoming could have made a billion save for the weaker than expected international performance. Coming off of Endgame (like this is, featuring a prominent character from that movie) the next one did make a billion.

But the point is that Iron Man/Tony isn't an automatic 1B. So his cameo wouldn't get BW over the mark if it wasn't going to do it without him already. yet some here are acting like Tony's the biggest draw for BW. Not true. It makes sense that he's in the movie (Civil War era) but they won't try to sell it on his cameo. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Im glad I’m not the only who feels this way.

Black Widow, as out of place in its release year/era (should’ve come out in phase 2), is still going to attract more audiences than Eternals.

Ok, guys, seriously, did you really think he wouldn't? I admit I'm taken aback that it's happening so soon but his return in some way was expected, IMO. heck, they even created this whole timeline thingy in EG so they could do whatever they want with whoever they want without direct retcon.

7 minutes ago, Titan Man said:

Man, if this is true, this movie is turning out to be such a disservice to the character of Black Widow we all wanted to see in her own movie.

If it's true that this movie in a highly interconnected universe has a tiny appearance from the most important character in that universe, when it's set in a time period where it makes sense in-universe? Hyperbole much?

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

If it's true that this movie in a highly interconnected universe has a tiny appearance from the most important character in that universe, when it's set in a time period where it makes sense in-universe? Hyperbole much?

Tony Stark is dead, Endgame made a really good job of making us care about it, so seeing him return in literally the next movie is a cheap move, even if it makes sense in-universe. Also, Black Widow finally gets her own movie (the fact that it's a prequel that doesn't affect her personality in any way in the future doesn't help), and they're shoving the most popular character in to help boost the box office. It made sense with Spider-Man and Thor Ragnarok, but it doesn't here. Also, you're all just lying to yourselves if you think Disney won't show off RDJ's face in the marketing in some form. They'll make sure  we know he's in the movie.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Titan Man said:

literally the next movie

This was FFH. If RDJ Tony does make an appearance I doubt it will be for primarily BO reasons.       

We don’t know how much of an appearance is possiblem but I really doubt it exceeds like, 60 seconds, all the comaplinaing about this seems way overblown on essentially no info.

• Like 1