CJohn

Weekend Thread | The Jungle Book - Early Weekend Estimates 101m - 103m (DHD - Page 59) (Fri 32m, Sat 41.5m-42m) | RTH Saturday Early Est = 40-44M (Page 46) | Barbershop TNC - Est 20.4m (DHD) | Boss -59% | Hardcore Henry epic -71%

24 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Shocking how big this OW was, so who had Deadpool, Zootopia & TJB beating BvS domestic? Just goes to show you, brand can only take you so far if the movie isn't well liked.

And there's still Civil War, Dory, Pets, SS, Moana and Rogue One to go :lol:

(Yet five of those six have a relatively reasonable chance to finish above BvS DOM :ph34r:)

24 minutes ago, jedieb said:

I don't think this is a DC thing at all. It's a poorly executed film thing. Another director and a more traditional interpretation of Superman and... Ugh, can't wait for CA and a more positive experience.

Very impressed by JB. Neither of my kids seem interested but we had a lot going on this weekend with a birthday. Maybe we'll catch it next week.

It is 10000% a poorly executed film thing with an unpopular director.  

Batman v Superman is on track to take the title for Biggest Opener with the Worst Multipler. The current record holder? Fifty Shades of Grey. There's no positive way to spin its staying power. The end. No point in arguing about it.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

They should let Serkis do Animal Farm for a lower budget.

He's been wanting to adapt it for a while.

I know it's been talked about for years but I don't think his Animal Farm is ever gonna get made. It would be expensive and it's hard to justify that when the film would have a limited audience. Most adult dramas aren't laiden with expensive effects.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Anyone remember this meme?

image.jpg

I don't wanna bash BvS (didn't hate the movie), but it's hilarious TFA made significantly more domestically than BvS will do WW. Especially after seeing these kinds of memes or posts from Kal :rofl:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jj99 said:

Speaking of Star Wars, looks like it watch had finally come to an end. Not seeing on the weekend chart.

Guess Disney has stopped tracking.

It is still making money.  Likely has another million left in it.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, movieboner said:

Star Wars, Finding Dory and The Jungle Book, Disney is banking on Nostalgia. Since remaking nostalgic films is the fad today, I hope they remake Basic Instinct or Showgirls.

Have you seen Showgirls 2?

(if not then please, never see Showgirls 2)

2 minutes ago, jj99 said:

Speaking of Star Wars, looks like it watch had finally come to an end. Not seeing on the weekend chart.

Guess Disney has stopped tracking.

They'll need those hefty numbers to put JB over $105m for the weekend :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Treetrunk Special said:

I know it's been talked about for years but I don't think his Animal Farm is ever gonna get made. It would be expensive and it's hard to justify that when the film would have a limited audience. Most adult dramas aren't laiden with expensive effects.

This wonderful piece of unintentional comedy is the only Animal Farm adaption we'll ever need

30 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Anyone remember this meme?

image.jpg

I think we're ready for that talk now.  

Provided they're still up for it. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Baumer said:

Poisoning the well doesn't mean that you can't talk about Batman vs. Superman Epic Falls. That is all fair box office talk. The fact of the matter is it's going to have a multiplier lower than the worst Harry Potter and even the worst Twilight movie. In fact it's going to be on par with something like Watchmen. It's okay to discuss this stuff. Poisoning the well is when people just lose their freakin minds and start ripping on Zack Snyder telling people that Warner Brothers is a horrible studio and that they are in trouble and that Zack Snyder is a horrible human being and that marvel so much better and so on and so on. I know it might seem like a blurry line for you guys but just try to use some common sense. Anything that pertains to box office is fair game anything that kind of attacks the studio or the director personally is definitely poisoning the well and we're trying to get rid of that stuff.

Batman V Superman: Dawn Of The Epic Fail

Wow worse multiplier then any Twlight? I thought it was still ahead of those. Ouch.

6 minutes ago, HeyItsMoses said:

Under $10m for BvS? Good. Shit movie, deserves shit numbers. It's not even gonna crack $350m, huh?

At this rate, I think that $340m could be the final total?

It won't even crack 330

• Like 4