CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

3 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

No one's saying it's flopping, just that it's below expectation and a little disappointing. 

Captain Ameriflop: Flop War

Floptian America: Civil Flop

Captain Underwheliming: Civil Meh

Any others I'm forgetting? :ph34r:

• Like 2

Just now, seduh said:

That's a great number. It will surprass BvS on OW alone and also it has a good chance of opening over IM3. Remember that AOU was not very liked and this is called Captain America 3, i mean, $200 OW was very difficoult to get (only 3 movies did that in history). It has great chances of making more than AOU which is amazing

And Ultron still went on to make $459 million domestically, with somewhat mixed word of mouth. CW has rave reviews and word of mouth will be excellent. Anyone painting these numbers as disappointing doesn't understand how the box office actually works.

4 minutes ago, Ohana said:

I wouldn't rule out many DC hardcore fans skiping CW after the BvS war.
I'm one of them, before that I went to check every single Marvel movie.

There are actually real people that do this?

What a life :sadben:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

this is all terrible the comic book thing is over. gotta move on to adapting cereal mascots into movies now.

How about the Cereal Mascot Universe where Tony the Tiger, Cap'n Crunch, Toucan Sam, Lucky the Leprechaun, and the Honey Nut Cheerios Bee team up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

How? Why not 180

I don't know. I just don't feel like this movie will have a gigantic Saturday jump like most people in here are expecting.

2 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

Almost every major outlet was predicting around 200m OW though.

When's the last time these major outlets correctly predicted a huge movie's OW (100+?

Besides BvS, pretty much never. Deadpool? Under-predicted by 50%. TFA? December was deemed impossible to open anything above $150M until the last few days when reality just catch up. Jurassic World? Off by like 100M. AoU? Over-estimated by 50M

• Like 1

Just now, Rman823 said:

How about the Cereal Mascot Universe where Tony the Tiger, Cap'n Crunch, Toucan Sam, Lucky the Leprechaun, and the Honey Nut Cheerios Bee team up. 

#TeamTonytheTiger

• Like 5

Isn't there a guy on Forbes, who predicted Civil War at 2 billion worldwide?

People keep inflating and overhyping a movie's performance, only to be surprised when the movie fails to reach their already laughable and absurd predictions. lol

Edited by Blaze Heatnix
  • Like 2

I am thinking that maybe Marvel has peaked domestically. There are tens of millions of people who show up because it is a Marvel movie but there are also tens of millions who have already seen enough Marvel movies to last a lifetime or weren't interested in MCU to begin with. Between the two groups there aren't any agnostics left.

Edited by TLK

Just now, cannastop said:

By most people do you mean one guy?

No. I am reading movie can still do $70 million Saturday.  Well, that was before RTH made his appearance.

I feel the most this movie will do is $58 million now on Saturday and that's with a $77 million Friday.