kayumanggi

CATS | DIGITAL FUR TECH TO LOSE 113.2M IN LITTER BOX | December 20, 2019 | #ReleaseTheButtholeCut

....are they going to CGI the faces to look more cat-like too?

Be more inspired if they just made, I dunno, fully digital CGI singing cats like the rest of the internet wants. Or does Disney have dibs on that for their live action Aristocats?

Edited by Yandereprime101189

I read that there was originally gonna be an animated film back in the 1990s made by Amblimation (the guys who made An American Tail: Feivel Goes West, We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story, and Balto) before that studio closed and Steven Spielberg/all the animators working at that company moved to Dreamworks. 

https://news.avclub.com/explore-the-dark-moody-art-of-steven-spielberg-s-anima-1798270242ec6qafepg3db6pzoxath.jpg

pfqgryrau178dgaxvff3.jpg

hog742ai9mufdgwqaonb.jpg

sr1ttgg0elcnykjds8lm.jpg

Quite honestly, I think it would've been much more interesting as an animated film than... whatever we're getting now lol

Edited by Rorschach
  • Sad 1

Shocker: a large number of people who happen to frequently stan for CBMs, action blockbusters, horror films, and predominantly male-centric entertainment (in other words, NOT the demographic that made CATS the musical theater phenomenon it was), are already predicting this film to be a clusterfuck and a flop...without having seen a single frame of film.

:jeb!:

5 hours ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Shocker: a large number of people who happen to frequently stan for CBMs, action blockbusters, horror films, and predominantly male-centric entertainment (in other words, NOT the demographic that made CATS the musical theater phenomenon it was), are already predicting this film to be a clusterfuck and a flop...without having seen a single frame of film.

Or maybe we are big fans of Cats but are skeptical about the ongoing development. 

Not everything has to be a conspiracy. 

🙄🙄🙄🙄

5 hours ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

FWIW, I don't think this is flopping at all. Feel like it'll make a play for $155m-175m dom, and like $450m ww. Especially with how big of a star T. Swift is, and this is a better vehicle to get her fans in theaters than The Giver ever was.

And I feel like the main reason people are unsure on the quality is... Tom Hooper's last 2 films weren't exactly beloved. Even Kings Speech is kind of forgotten about.

That said, I'm incredibly excited to see this, but maybe not for the reasons Hooper intends.

6 hours ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

in other words, NOT the demographic that made CATS the musical theater phenomenon it was

Girl, my mother took me to my first touring production when I was like nine, and my first NYC Broadway production when I was sixteen.  My YouTube autoplays Patti LuPone.  I am ABSOLUTELY the target audience for this.  It's going to be a trainwreck, because, I can't emphasize this enough, it's CATS and CATS IS TERRIBLE.  And Hooper's Les Mis was TEH WORST.  The only good is Jennifer Hudson's going to sing Memory.  

13 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

LMFAO.  I love this.  My parents saw Cats and left during intermission.  They said it was just "more of the same."

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

The only good is Jennifer Hudson's going to sing Memory. 

You're forgetting the fact that we're gonna have two foot tall CGI cat-person Idris Elba.