CJohn

Ralph Breaks the Internet | Rich Moore / Phil Johnston | 21st November, 2018

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

The complaining about the princess models is making me facepalm hard

To be fair, some do work much better in this style than others (Cindy in particular is a big no for me), but again they were clearly all adapted to a WiR style here. Makes sense. 

• Like 2

Wow, people are killing themselves over this? :rofl:

Tbh - and this is coming from a huge fan of Wreck-It Ralph - this trailer didn't really captivate me either. Yeah, I got a few laughs out of the princess bit and them recognizing that Ralph Wrecks The Internet sounds better (and I absolutely adored some of the gags in the original teaser, like the "You are winner!" one and the milkshake one). But overall, this just feels like a "OH! It's THAT thing! I know what it is! What a great movie, amirite?!" festival, like the Ready Player One book (movie did a better job at balancing everything) or The Emoji Movie. Almost to the point where Disney is just showing off. And that ain't an attitude I'd like to support, especially considering the Fox deal in real life. Maybe if I had gotten a hint of what the plot is going to be, it would've been better than it is, but as it stands.... I liked the teaser a lot more. I also liked The Lego Movie 2's trailer a lot more as well (don't @ me).

But Lego Movie does remind me of what was the perception of that movie before it came out (an unmitigated cash whoring that wouldn't be good in any way), and then it turned out absolutely fantastic. Sure, WIR 2 won't be directed by Lord and Miller, but Rich Moore has done WIR and Zootopia (alongside Byron Howard in the latter's case), which are both even better than Lego Movie for me. So who knows.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Jandrew said:

People on this forum need to learn how to have a (normal) debate and read, instead of getting accusatory, rude, and bandwagoning each other. You had numerous people yesterday repeating the same "you just hate Disney" nonsense after I and others said time and time again that that wasn't the issue. That kind of toxic attitude around here needs to end.

This is a major reason I've stepped away. I stop in quite often, but I'm rarely compelled to post because whatever I'm looking at is unreadable. I still love you old-timers, but it's rough nowadays. 

Also, I've been biting my tongue on this for a long time: EmpireCity has always been a dickish bully, and I was always surprised how much leeway he got. The way he spoke to others was consistently wrong. Maybe some found it an appealing shtick, but he's been a major turnoff for months.

• Like 5

I think this will hit a billion WW in my opinion

It's just been delivering hook after hook since the first teaser came out, heck even the title alone gets people talking

Plus they pretty much crammed every relevant (and formerly relevant) thing in the world right now into one movie

The DP scene was nice

2 minutes ago, Royce said:

I think this will hit a billion WW in my opinion

It's just been delivering hook after hook since the first teaser came out, heck even the title alone gets people talking

Plus they pretty much crammed every relevant (and formerly relevant) thing in the world right now into one movie

The DP scene was nice

The first didn’t make even half that.

No way will it even get close to $1bn.

are people upset with the feminism again?? 😂😂

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

are people upset with the feminism again?? 😂😂

I was just gonna edit my post, I thought it made like 600m nevermind

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I don't know about $1 billion WW, but animated sequels have exploded from their predecessor before- especially if the first film had a more modest debut. Some examples:

Shrek ($484 million WW) to Shrek 2 ($920 million WW)

DM ($543 million WW) to DM2 ($971 million WW)

It wouldn't exactly be shocking to me for WiR2 to increase a similar amount. 

2 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Wow, people are killing themselves over this? :rofl:

Tbh - and this is coming from a huge fan of Wreck-It Ralph - this trailer didn't really captivate me either. Yeah, I got a few laughs out of the princess bit and them recognizing that Ralph Wrecks The Internet sounds better (and I absolutely adored some of the gags in the original teaser, like the "You are winner!" one and the milkshake one). But overall, this just feels like a "OH! It's THAT thing! I know what it is! What a great movie, amirite?!" festival, like the Ready Player One book (movie did a better job at balancing everything) or The Emoji Movie. Almost to the point where Disney is just showing off. And that ain't an attitude I'd like to support, especially considering the Fox deal in real life. Maybe if I had gotten a hint of what the plot is going to be, it would've been better than it is, but as it stands.... I liked the teaser a lot more. I also liked The Lego Movie 2's trailer a lot more as well (don't @ me).

But Lego Movie does remind me of what was the perception of that movie before it came out (an unmitigated cash whoring that wouldn't be good in any way), and then it turned out absolutely fantastic. Sure, WIR 2 won't be directed by Lord and Miller, but Rich Moore has done WIR and Zootopia (alongside Byron Howard in the latter's case), which are both even better than Lego Movie for me. So who knows.

I still do not get why people like Lego Movie. First, it's product placement whoring - and I still think it's obscene to do that. The second thing, of all the beautiful animation you can make, why do you make it look like blocky legos? Why? Why?

• ...wtf 1

4 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

To be fair, some do work much better in this style than others (Cindy in particular is a big no for me), but again they were clearly all adapted to a WiR style here. Makes sense. 

Snow White, Cinderella and Pocahontas were drawn more realistically originally which doesn't lend itself well with CGI whereas the more recent Disney princesses were more stylised. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fastclock said:

I still do not get why people like Lego Movie. First, it's product placement whoring - and I still think it's obscene to do that. The second thing, of all the beautiful animation you can make, why do you make it look like blocky legos? Why? Why?

someone hasn't seen the movie

32 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Olive said that it's getting a lot of buzz in China, which could go a long way. WiR basically made dirt over there and if it blows up, who knows how much this one could make.

Given how successful RPO was in China, I wouldn't be shocked if WIR2 is bigger in China than it is in the US.

can we stop the whining about "product placement"? jesus it's dumb. especially in this, if they were using the mad magazine version of the site names everyone knows what they're talking about anyway who cares.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

can we stop the whining about "product placement"? jesus it's dumb. especially in this, if they were using the mad magazine version of the site names everyone knows what they're talking about anyway who cares.

i know right,  

Wayne-s-World-mike-myers-36994972-245-16

:P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4