grim22

Labor Day Weekend Thread | 4 day #s - DB 19.5M, SS 12.8M, Pete 8.5M, Kubo 6.5M, SP 6M, Bad Moms 6M, War Dogs 6M, LBO 5.9M, Morgan 2.4M

2 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

I get why studios don't release better films on Labor Day weekend but these two offerings are exceptionally sad.  Morgan was already DOA and DB busting loose last weekend just added a few extra bullets.

Because everyone is too busy catching their last whiff of summer. It's the dog days that signify the transitional period between the craziness of summer and the fall/holiday/awards season insanity. Plus most people are distracted by the big festivals at this time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

I get why studios don't release better films on Labor Day weekend but these two offerings are exceptionally sad.  Morgan was already DOA and DB busting loose last weekend just added a few extra bullets.

It's because the weekend afterwards is going to be completely dead.

Just now, filmlover said:

Meanwhile, Light Between Oceans is another leading man box office bust for Fassbender. I'd actually like to see him take a stab at comedy for a change, I can see him working in a scene-stealing Hemsworth in Vacation kind of role.

FTFY :redcapes: 

• Like 1

Morgan brings nothing new as far as storytelling goes and kate mara as usual is very one note, but some of the action scenes are really well shot with tension and dread. Maybe Luke Scott should direct a full on action film next time. I think his directorial style is more like his uncle Tony Scott.

Because everyone is too busy catching their last whiff of summer. It's the dog days that signify the transitional period between the craziness of summer and the fall/holiday/awards season insanity. Plus most people are distracted by the big festivals at this time.

Big festivals (I'm not from US)?

15 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Meanwhile, Light Between Oceans is another leading man box office bust for Fassbender. I'd actually like to see him take a stab at comedy for a change, I can see him working in a scene-stealing Hemsworth in Ghostbusters kind of role.

IDK it's doing better than I expected lol

6 minutes ago, ttr said:

Big festivals (I'm not from US)?

Venice Film Festival (Venice, Italy), Telluride Film Festival (Denver, Colorado, USA) Toronto Film Festival (Toronto, Canada)

Edited by babz06
  • Like 1

Deadline...:rolleyes:

If you walked into a movie theater this afternoon for a matinee, you might find that you’re the only one sitting there. That’s how low matinees figures look right now. Any moviegoing activity will register tonight, so what we’re seeing now, especially with Sony/Screen Gems/Studio 6’s  late night horror draw Don’t Breathe, could go higher than its current $13.5M four-day holiday forecast in 3,501 locations. The Fede Alvarez movie’s three-day is on course for $11M, -58% for its opening weekend.

13 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

Deadline...:rolleyes:

If you walked into a movie theater this afternoon for a matinee, you might find that you’re the only one sitting there. That’s how low matinees figures look right now. Any moviegoing activity will register tonight, so what we’re seeing now, especially with Sony/Screen Gems/Studio 6’s  late night horror draw Don’t Breathe, could go higher than its current $13.5M four-day holiday forecast in 3,501 locations. The Fede Alvarez movie’s three-day is on course for $11M, -58% for its opening weekend.

Ugh   That's a hideous drop for Don't Breath over a a holiday w/e.