CJohn

WEEKEND THREAD | Official Estimates: Madea - 27.6M; JR 2 - 23M; Ouija 2 - 14M; Accountant - 14m; Joneses - 5.6M

18 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It was a joke the whole time wtf, the Lionsgate hater just became a thing because I said in frikking February that all their movies underperformer and for some weird ass reason now I hate them. Do you realize there are other things in the title too? Those are all serious too?

No, you are not. You got all serious in your first post commenting the title. You attack me (and all the mod team) in that same post. You want law and order and nothing else? Vote for Trump.

Silly.

4 minutes ago, babz06 said:

Whoever decided it was a good idea to release two Galifianakis movies within weeks of each other should be fired. The last Hangover movie was almost 4 years ago, and hes never been a huge comedy star.

Worse, the first was on the shelf for about 2 years and then the second was moved from a rather empty Spring release date to a crowded Oct date - just two weeks after the first.  :wacko:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Webslinger said:

Pretty meh for all three sequels, but none of them looked like big breakouts in the making.

That being said, there's something hilariously prophetic about Chris Rock's Top Five, in which a movie called Boo! A Madea Halloween was pulling in good business while a controversial film about a slave uprising bombs.

Birth of a Nation won't even make back Fox Searchlight's $17.5M acquisition price for it at Sundance. A very rough lesson in how there really is such a thing as bad publicity in the entertainment industry.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chewy said:

No prayer needed if a studio can make a big budget bomb starring my man Hems you best believe they will

We are talking about Paramount here. As someone on HSX pointed out yesterday, they haven't even updated their Facebook or Press Releases page since June 2015

http://www.paramount.com/news-and-social-media/tags/14/facebook

http://www.paramount.com/news-and-social-media/tags/13/news-and-press-releases

I think the Trek franchise will take a small break for some time. Most likely till the next decade, quite likely won't see a new movie till 2020 or so.

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

We are talking about Paramount here. As someone on HSX pointed out yesterday, they haven't even updated their Facebook or Press Releases page since June 2015

http://www.paramount.com/news-and-social-media/tags/14/facebook

http://www.paramount.com/news-and-social-media/tags/13/news-and-press-releases

I think the Trek franchise will take a small break for some time. Most likely till the next decade, quite likely won't see a new movie till 2020 or so.

The franchise isn't going away since CBS has Star Trek Discovery coming next year so fans will have their Trek fill even if no films come out for another few more years. 

30 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Can't wait until La La Land makes serious bank and proves CFail wrong about the Lionsgate curse.

Jlaw's doing God s work for La La Land, organizing screenings in Hollywood to scream her love for the film & her Asian Pal Emma Stone.

• Like 1

So my theater isn't showing Boo this weekend leading to so many phone calls that they had to explain on Facebook that our theater wasn't in the top grossing locations leading to many upset people. They plan on getting it next week though. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rman823 said:

So my theater isn't showing Boo this weekend leading to so many phone calls that they had to explain on Facebook that our theater wasn't in the top grossing locations leading to many upset people. They plan on getting it next week though. 

Fucking Lionsgate.

• Like 2