75Live

Weekend Numbers: Fantastic Beasts 75M, Strange 17.6M, Trolls 17.5M, Arrival 11.8M, Edge of 17 4.8M, Bleed 2.35M, Billy Lynn 930k

Just now, grey ghost said:

2016 is a peak year for WB with all their biggest franchises.

Which can't compare to Universal's peak (2015).

Jurassic world and furious are not going to repeat anything close and so is the despicable franchise 2015 was universal best year ever by far warner is clearly the #2 studio right now

Ok, so just got back from FB... OMG... ok, ok. In order. This deserves more than rumbling. So: do you know that moment when you are in cinema and the movie starts and from the first to the last second you are absorbed. I always check my phone at least once even if to see how much of the movie is left. Not because it is boring, but because I want to see how much goodness I got left. Well, this was the first time for me when I was so absorbed that I forgot about anything else. FB was THE BEST theater experience ever for me (I didn't get to see any of the Potters in cinemas). It was spellbinding. I am not saying that because I fought for this movie so had. I am not forcing my feelings. It was just absolutely perfect for me. From the music to ever single one of the actors, to the story. Needless to say it is the best movie I've seen this year. As a ranking: 

- GoF

- DH2

- FB

- PoA

- OotP

- DH1

- CoS

- PoA

- SS

My showing was about 80% full and this is the most I've ever seen an audience react (I am not lying, so if you want to accuse, feel free), and that is because the humor worked. OMG. I never expected this to be so funny. Jacob was AMAZING. And I mean AMAZING. The girl next to me was crying with laughter. 

(Side note: I got RO, BatB and Resident Evil as trailers; BatB got an insane reaction)

Aaaaaand.... this is me after FB:

Now that that is out of the way, let's get to the box office. Not gonna lie, I am disappointed. I expected/wanted more. That being said, I am not gonna have a meltdown. I've just seen an amazing movie and I am so damn happy that it worked so well for me. I will hope for good legs since I am sure the WOM will be strong (at least here in Romania I am sure of that based on my crowds reaction). So for those of you who expected a meltdown, sorry.

You know, funny thing, when I got out I thought of Star Wars fans and I felt sorry for them. Don't jump at me, it's not what you think at all. I am glad you guys get so many movies now, because omg, you've waited so long for them. I waited for 5 years to get back to the wizarding world and I couldn't have waited one moment longer. In these 5 years I've seen the movies probably 50 times each. And I am so insanely happy right now it's unreal. The SW fans had to wait almost 20 years between OT and the PT and then another 11 year between the PT and SW7. It seems so insanely hard for me seeing how desperate I was for new material. So really, I am happy for you guys!

And this is pretty much all I guess. ^_^

• Like 14

Further updates

STX’s The Edge of Seventeen is currently filing below its $8M-$10M projection with $5M-$7M, however, this is a great movie that needs to be discovered and with Fantastic Beasts pulling in 53% female, 54% over 25 and 37% between 18-24, that doesn’t help this James L. Brooks comedy production.

Open Road didn’t even report Thursday night preview figure for his boxing movie Bleed for Thiswhich is not a good sign. The Ben Younger-directed biopic about world champ boxer Vinny Paz is punching low between $2.5M-$4M, under the $5M the distributor was hoping for. Open Road snapped up Bleed for This for $4M at the 2015 Cannes Film Festival.

Sony/TriStar/Studio 8’s Ang Lee soldier PTSD movie Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk at 1,176 is forecasted to walk away with $2M-$3M. The adult-demo movie is off to a horrible start with critics at 42% Rotten. 

Disney/Marvel’s Doctor Strange is taking a beating65% with around $15M in its third weekend for a running cume by Sunday of $178.9M in third place. DWA/20th Century Fox’s Trolls at $17M, -51% for No. 2 hold and a running cume by Sunday of $115.7M. Paramount’s Arrival is down 56%, for a second weekend of $10.5m, running 10-day total of $42.1M.

• Like 1

I was about to say I still think it might pull off a $30 million OD. If it does then Saturday will be very interesting. 

$80 million on the cards based on this from deadline? Then again, they've been way off too many times for us to take much notice. 

Just now, James said:

Ok, so just got back from FB... OMG... ok, ok. In order. This deserves more than rumbling. So: do you know that moment when you are in cinema and the movie starts and from the first to the last second you are absorbed. I always check my phone at least once even if to see how much of the movie is left. Not because it is boring, but because I want to see how much goodness I got left. Well, this was the first time for me when I was so absorbed that I forgot about anything else. FB was THE BEST theater experience ever for me (I didn't get to see any of the Potters in cinemas). It was spellbinding. I am not saying that because I fought for this movie so had. I am not forcing my feelings. It was just absolutely perfect for me. From the music to ever single one of the actors, to the story. Needless to say it is the best movie I've seen this year. As a ranking: 

- GoF

- DH2

- FB

- PoA

- OotP

- DH1

- CoS

- PoA

- SS

My showing was about 80% full and this is the most I've ever seen an audience react (I am not lying, so if you want to accuse, feel free), and that is because the humor worked. OMG. I never expected this to be so funny. Jacob was AMAZING. And I mean AMAZING. The girl next to me was crying with laughter. 

(Side note: I got RO, BatB and Resident Evil as trailers; BatB got an insane reaction)

Aaaaaand.... this is me after FB:

Now that that is out of the way, let's get to the box office. Not gonna lie, I am disappointed. I expected/wanted more. That being said, I am not gonna have a meltdown. I've just seen an amazing movie and I am so damn happy that it worked so well for me. I will hope for good legs since I am sure the WOM will be strong (at least here in Romania I am sure of that based on my crowds reaction). So for those of you who expected a meltdown, sorry.

You know, funny thing, when I got out I thought of Star Wars fans and I felt sorry for them. Don't jump at me, it's not what you think at all. I am glad you guys get so many movies now, because omg, you've waited so long for them. I waited for 5 years to get back to the wizarding world and I couldn't have waited one moment longer. In these 5 years I've seen the movies probably 50 times each. And I am so insanely happy right now it's unreal. The SW fans had to wait almost 20 years between OT and the PT and then another 11 year between the PT and SW7. It seems so insanely hard for me seeing how desperate I was for new material. So really, I am happy for you guys!

And this is pretty much all I guess. ^_^

Wow, that's what you call a fan :P Glad you liked it so much :) I feel the same when a WDAS movie finally comes :P

• Like 2

GODDAMMIT I MISSED THE GOOD STUFF :sadben: 

2 minutes ago, James said:

Trailers I got at FB:

Beauty and the Beast

Assassin's Creed

Fist Fight

Kong

Rogue One

BATB had some "Oohs!" and Fist Fight had laughs.

8 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

2016 is a peak year for WB with all their biggest franchises.

Which can't compare to Universal's peak (2015).

Are you really thinking that Jurassic Park's and Furious 7's anomalous breakout performances, one of which was triggered by the death of the lead actor, is the new normal for Universal?

Per rival estimates, not Warner Bros., Fantastic Beasts is flying to a $30M opening day including its $8.75M Thursday previews, for a mid-$70M range opening.

http://deadline.com/2016/11/fantastic-beasts-and-where-to-find-them-weekend-box-office-doctor-strange-bleed-for-this-1201856955/

Abort disaster! 

Edited by Daxtreme
added link
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Compare it against Spectre and that difference will be even more extreme. 

I'm going to take your word for it. At 309 reviews, I'll pass on doing a detailed analysis. :lol:

Aside from Fantastic Beasts not having as many, it helps that I was recording them as they came in.

Disney/Marvel’s Doctor Strange is taking a beating65% with around $15M in its third weekend for a running cume by Sunday of $178.9M in third place. DWA/20th Century Fox’s Trolls at $17M, -51% for No. 2 hold and a running cume by Sunday of $115.7M. Paramount’s Arrival is down 56%, for a second weekend of $10.5m, running 10-day total of $42.1M. 

movie friday damn ice cube chris tucker

Oof at Edge of Seventeen. lol @ Billy Lynn and Bleed for This. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I'm going to take your word for it. At 309 reviews, I'll pass on doing a detailed analysis. :lol:

Aside from Fantastic Beasts not having as many, it helps that I was recording them as they came in.

If it helps almost all the UK reviews came in first. Lots of "BEST EVER BOND"  --- the usual with a Bond opening in the UK.  :lol:

• Like 1