FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

This is just terrible. 2016 doesn't just suck, it's bashing the skulls of every living celebrity in one by one with the dull end of a machete. My heart goes out to the Fisher family. My God, what an abhorrent week it has been for them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blankments said:

Jesus Christ. I can't fathom what Todd Fisher and Billie Lord are going through. I've only seen Reynolds in Singin' in the Rain but what a performance. Tragic for the family.

See her in The Unsinkable Molly Brown  (and for those unaware of his strong musical roots - that's Harve Presnell who played the father in Fargo)

During production, M-G-M was putting all its resources into its forthcoming Doctor Zhivago (1965), and at least $1 million was cut from the budget of Molly Brown. Running out of money to complete the film, director Charles Walters proposed cutting the rousing dance number "He's My Friend". To save the number, cast and crew ultimately decided to film it in one rigorous day using multiple cameras to reduce shooting time.[4]

• Like 2

I enjoyed singing in the rain more than all the star wars movies put together. I watched it quite a bit as a kid, loved Donald O'Connor's physical humor. Honestly I didn't know Carrie Fisher was daughter of the singing in the rain actress until today. Strange world.

• Like 6

@TalismanRing

During production, M-G-M was putting all its resources into its forthcoming Doctor Zhivago (1965), and at least $1 million was cut from the budget of Molly Brown. Running out of money to complete the film, director Charles Walters proposed cutting the rousing dance number "He's My Friend". To save the number, cast and crew ultimately decided to film it in one rigorous day using multiple cameras to reduce shooting time.[4]

Actors would never do that nowadays. A real class act.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MonstersandRoy said:

Whoever is writing the script the script for this year (or week) better never work again. This news of Debbie Reynolds passing just a day after Carrie, is seriously tragic and heartbreaking. I hope they are together again somewhere now.

I firmly believe George RR Martin didn't release Winds of Winter this year because he was to busy writing 2016.

• Like 5

May Debbie Reynolds and her beloved daughter rest in peace watching us from distant a place far, far away where  hopelessness, loss, hatred, and bigotry no longer exist.  They left their footprints in the sands of time and shall forever be remembered for their contributions to humanity be it small or great.  Rest in peace!

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, La La Panda said:

I firmly believe George RR Martin didn't release Winds of Winter this year because he was to busy writing 2016.

"Please, let this wretched year come to an end." :(

---

(of course, there IS  a difference between fiction and reality. :unsure:, but point taken)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 3