grim22

Terminator: Dark Fate | Nov 1 2019 | Estimated to lose 122.6M

John Carpenter and Jamie Lee Curtis returning to Halloween and erasing the timeline past Halloween II.

James Cameron, Linda Hamilton and Arnold returning to Terminator and erasing the timeline past T2.

Well....if they're going to do it, I'm stoked to hear James Cameron is helping with the writing. I'm not thrilled about Goyer but I'm happy that the guy who was responsible for the Sarah Conner chronicles is associated with this. Clearly a lot of people who have love for these characters. Cameron himself seems a lot more involved this time.

If it's going to happen, this is the best route possible. It feels like TFA kicked all of this off and yeah....I'm excited.

• Like 1

we've had 5 terminator movies and 4 of them have had the exact same story even though Terminator Genitals became completely indecipherable like 30 minutes in

If this is another "Y gets sent back in time to Murder X and Z gets sent back in time to protect X from Y" i'm gonna lul

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

I just fainted.

This brings so much joy to my heart.  Arnold, James and Linda all back together again.  This is awesome!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

finally after the disappointing real real sequel to terminator 2 which they did after the disappointing real sequel to terminator 2 we're getting the real real real sequel to terminator 2.

I would say the same but Cameron seems a lot more involved this early out then he was with T3, Salvation or Genesis. He was the one who announced Linda was returning and if he is going to help write it, I can't complain.

These reboots/sequels are usually a lot better when the original creators have a hand in them. If they really are going to make this a trilogy though and put time into the writing, I wish Cameron would focus on this instead of Avatar. We'll see though....not sure how much more can be done with this concept.

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

The Terminator & Alien franchises both have the same problem :

if you can't get the mastermind behind the second films, don't bother.

But they have that here. That's what makes this announcement more exciting than the last entries. Multiple articles state the script is being co written by Cameron himself....that's gotta be somewhat good news.

And Alien should have brought Weaver back and done the same thing. Very curious how both Halloween and this go. 

We've seen Mark Hamilton get in shape again....I'm sure Linda will beef up for this role if she is going to play a major part.

Cameron will only be the producer, so better not keep a high expectation on this. Arnold is literally a non-factor to me now, even in a terminator movie because I've see how extremely dull Terminator Genisys was, and how he could've been replaced by another actor and I still wouldn't give a shit. I look forward to seeing how Linda's return plays out but I don't think it will play really well.

There's only one thing left of this franchise that people and fans want to see: the future war. And that's the ONLY way to properly reboot this franchise. Tell the story that has neve been told. That's part of the reason Batman Begins worked. Anything beyond that (such as old characters' return, blah blah blah) can only be icing on the cake.