FilmBuff

Oscars Live Stream

9 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

SAG leans heavily American since that's what most if them are but yeah they're not worthy.  Just get out.

And why not? Like, why is John Boyega an AMPAS member with barely anything on his resume but American actors with much more aren't? SAG has a point. 

Sheesh, so much negativity. I think the list this year is quite solid and from what I have been able to see every nominated person has a reason besides the "it's so and so" excuse. Think what you will of Meryl but I would love to see another actress do that role and do it better. At least it's not a nom for another role like Iron Lady. 

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

Sheesh, so much negativity. I think the list this year is quite solid and from what I have been able to see every nominated person has a reason besides the "it's so and so" excuse. Think what you will of Meryl but I would love to see another actress do that role and do it better. At least it's not a nom for another role like Iron Lady. 

honestly the oscars can be kinda lame but the whiny internet fuckboys who pop up every year for "whhhhhhhhyyyy can't they like what iiiii like" are worse.

• Like 12

46 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Isabel Huppert was hilriously awful in Elle.

Not a single scene rang true, she was clumsy, amateurish & outré.

I like a good joke tho so this nomination is fun.

Sus ma beet.

So looking at Fences, Hidden Figures and Moonlight, I haven't seen them yet, but can we say that those films and performances are better than films that featured predominantly black actors and filmmakers that were snubbed last year?

12 minutes ago, DAR said:

So looking at Fences, Hidden Figures and Moonlight, I haven't seen them yet, but can we say that those films and performances are better than films that featured predominantly black actors and filmmakers that were snubbed last year?

moonlight would've been one of the most praised films of any year it was released in and Viola will be one of the best winners of her category ever.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DAR said:

Fences was very good and Denzel/Viola brought it big time.

Hidden Figures is pretty good. I preferred Janelle Monae slightly over Octavia Spencer for the supporting gig.

Boo to my profile picture not being nominated but otherwise it is mostly as expected.

Suicide Squad joins the ranks of Norbit, The Wolfman, and Bad Grandpa as critically derided films with only a nomination for makeup.

EDIT: I was talking about my former profile picture, Jodi Melville. Brad Pitt had no chance of a nomination.

Edited by department store basement
  • Like 1