Neo

The Great Wall | February 17, 2017 | Releasing in China in December

31 minutes ago, CJohn said:

9 MINUTES?!

Seems like it is probably spoilers galore to me. 

I watched the whole thing out of morbid curiosity and there are actually no spoilers that I could detect. But then again most of it was just an introduction, in Chinese, of the main Chinese characters/generals and the last 2 minutes were just the replay of an old trailer.

This movie looks like a fun lazy Sunday afternoon on the sofa.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

Runtime - 104 min. Confirm by SARFT(State Administration of Radio, Film and Television)

What !? That is even shorter than Deadpool 108 mins. Looks like there won't be a lot of "meat" in the movie. I sort of expected a LOTR-like epic movie length. Damn !  

7 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Such movies are supposed to be atleast 120 minutes. Looks like it won't be good. 

I think there is hope as long as Yimou Zhang was in charge of the film editing. Most of his films are less than 120 min. 

But I can’t imagine it would be a great film if Legendary Picture did that work. They won’t allow the blockbuster(budget $100+) to be less than 110 min easily. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

I think there is hope as long as Yimou Zhang was in charge of the film editing. Most of his films are less than 120 min. 

But I can’t imagine it would be a great film if Legendary Picture did that work. They won’t allow the blockbuster(budget $100+) to be less than 110 min easily. 

Many great foreign filmmakers have failed to make it big in Hollywood or flat out bombed with their first Hollywood pic. This will be joining that list. 

There will have a 15 min footage showing to cinema managers on Tuesday evening(premiere).But none of them wanna watch that.

Only one media screening will play the film(not sure if that is the whole film) before opening(7pm Dec.15).

China Film Group hope the film could make ¥3 billion(about $430m) in China.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gavin Feng said:

There will have a 15 min footage showing to cinema managers on Tuesday evening(premiere).But none of them wanna watch that.

Only one media screening will play the film(not sure if that is the whole film) before opening(7pm Dec.15).

China Film Group hope the film could make ¥3 billion(about $430m) in China.

:rofl: