Neo

The Great Wall | February 17, 2017 | Releasing in China in December

4 hours ago, DAJK said:

I saw the first bit of the movie leaked online, but shut it off as the effects were surprisingly solid, and the film had an air of "need to see this on the biggest screen possible, not your damn phone"

Yup. It convinced me to see it next weekend.

@MrPink there's quite a nice faction of people assembling for this movie.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

I'm still not convinced this is a real movie.

Why so? I see no difference between the premisse of this movie and the one of Pacific Rim, a movie loved by most of persons here.

This RT consenssus is not much promising, although. I hope that it will at least deliver the action espetacle, that's the only thing that I'm asking for.

Don’t you love it when there’s a controversy for a movie? I can’t get excited for a lot of movies nowadays without hearing a controversy behind it. Ever since I saw Exodus: Gods and Kings in 2014, that was my first full exposure to noticing whitewashing. I was appalled with how much miscasting there was for that movie even while watching (and trying to keep my eyes. And this was a Ridley Scott movie. would say The Last Airbender would be my first example, but believe it or not, it was very diverse what it was worth. With some films where the entire cast is of a different ethnicity and the lead is Caucasian, I don’t have an issue with it. A film has to appeal to everyone right? Why is Matt Damon in The Great Wall? To put the American audience’s asses into seats. Boy was I wrong.

Let me tell you, this film could’ve gone better without Matt Damon.

https://rendyreviews.com/movies//the-great-wall-review

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rjones1325 said:

LAST STATEMENT: At the end of the day despite its miscasting and its poor effects, The Great Wall is the longest cutscene to a PS3 game you were never eager to play

:rofl:

That was a great punchline to a very thorough review.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Why so? I see no difference between the premisse of this movie and the one of Pacific Rim, a movie loved by most of persons here.

This RT consenssus is not much promising, although. I hope that it will at least deliver the action espetacle, that's the only thing that I'm asking for.

Matt Damon's presence in this makes it look like one of those parody trailers.

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Matt Damon's presence in this makes it look like one of those parody trailers.

The man can just not rock a man bun or play period. 

This is actually the kind of non Thor movie that Chris Hemsworth would have been great for.  He could have played a wandering Viking. 

A Viking- Samurai movie fighting monsters at the Great Wall.  Ca-Ching

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

This is actually the kind of non Thor movie that Chris Hemsworth would have been great for.  He could have played a wandering Viking. 

2RS8uhn8iy4eY.gif

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

I think calling them samurai is worse than the white savior thing currently in this film